December 23, 2014, 03:06:13 PM

Author Topic: NHL Playoffs  (Read 13841 times)

Offline sechje

• Adventurer
NHL Playoffs
« on: May 02, 2011, 12:06:27 AM »
So one thing I really do miss is watching the NHL playoffs on a wide screen TV. Streaming online is just not the same :(. Does anyone know if there is a place in Seoul that shows live broadcasts? 

Offline alimac

• Adventurer
Re: NHL Playoffs
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 12:09:11 AM »
Woah, how are you streaming the games?! I've been settling for listening to the Canucks radio feed of the games but what I would give to actually be able to watch! I know several bars show the games later in the evenings (Travelers in Bundang and Daegu and Rocky Mountain Tavern in Itaewon) but I haven't heard of any that have live broadcasts.

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 12:11:28 AM »
RED WINGS MUTHA!
“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.” -Goethe

Offline sechje

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 12:14:43 AM »
http://www.soccertvlive.net/sport/ice-hockey.html

This is the link I use for games. They usually have a handful of different streams which is okay but not that great.
If you have a willing friend back home they can use their webcam pointed at their TV via Skype. I had my friend do this for me a couple times. It was awesome...

Offline alimac

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 12:38:53 AM »
http://www.soccertvlive.net/sport/ice-hockey.html

This is the link I use for games. They usually have a handful of different streams which is okay but not that great.
If you have a willing friend back home they can use their webcam pointed at their TV via Skype. I had my friend do this for me a couple times. It was awesome...

Considering how late the Vancouver games run, I'm not sure I could convince anyone at home to do that for me (that's the bad part about being from the East coast and cheering for a West coast team), but thank you for the link!

Offline mulletor0012

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 12:45:00 AM »
Do you have a projector or Smartboard? Stream the games + watch it on the BIG screen!

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 12:50:22 AM »
I have a 70inch touchscreen and surround sound in my classroom. I watch the games on it all the time. My students come in and cheer. Most of them have no idea what is going on, but I usually am wearing my Red Wings jersey and they cheer or boo depending on what happens.
“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.” -Goethe

Offline mmaurer2004

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 01:19:46 AM »
Rocky Mountain Tavern...
http://rockymountaintavern.com/

Sam Ryan's....
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=119551111526#!/group.php?gid=119551111526&v=info

I believe they are usually taped games, I have been to both to watch some games, just need to stay off the internet and avoid talking to people  :D

Offline KevinTeacher84

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 01:42:25 AM »
NHL Gamecenter Live. All the games in HD and archived. Not sure how much it is just for the playoffs, but go in with some buddies and share the cost.

Offline S.Lee

• Super Waygook
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 12:49:10 PM »
myp2p, google it. they have streams for pretty much any sporting event

Glad to see so much support for the Canucks, maybe we should all meet up at sam ryans or rocky mtn for a game

jdb1983

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 12:52:26 PM »
What's with the Caps haters. :D  Go Caps!

Offline jglide

• Adventurer
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 01:39:06 PM »
Bruins over the Sharks in seven.

Go Bruins!

Offline sechje

• Adventurer
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »
What's with the Caps haters. :D  Go Caps!

I don't think they are haters...just Caps don't have a strong enough team to compete for the cup. Although I'm a Canucks fan I don't think they are as heavy favourites as the poll so far shows. As strong as the team is Luongo makes me so nervous letting in those weak untimely goals ??? And they still have not played that well in these playoffs. Hoping for Canucks to finally pop that Stanley Cup cherry this year!

NHL Gamecenter Live. All the games in HD and archived. Not sure how much it is just for the playoffs, but go in with some buddies and share the cost.
Also thanks for the NHL Gamecenter suggestion. I think it is time for me to pony up some money instead of watching the bad streams online.

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 06:52:57 PM »
I predict Vancouver will set a new record for the most goals scored against a Stanely Cup winning team.

Offline Kaiser

• Explorer
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 06:57:14 PM »
I want the Red Wings to win, but I fear they will do a repeat of 2009. The curse of Detroit! We are ABOUT to get out of the gutter and then we blow it.

Offline dlongstaff

• Explorer
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 06:58:31 PM »
I signed up for Gamecenter just after the regular season finished for 79us, and it's good for the rest of the playoffs;  it's well worth it.   

Offline sechje

• Adventurer
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 03:30:42 PM »
Vancouver and Boston...Stanley Cup finals. Book it!

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 03:44:18 PM »
Vancouver and Boston...Stanley Cup finals. Book it!

That would really rock - maybe even make me feel homsick. I don't suppose there's a chance in hell it would be on TV here?

Offline BadgerBacker4ever34

• Explorer
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 03:55:35 PM »
It can be a little choppy at times, but it is better than nothing: http://www.firstrowsports.eu/.

Offline jamey26

• Explorer
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 04:01:12 PM »
I have a very good link for the nhl playoffs if you want the link please private message me.

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment