September 18, 2014, 10:40:02 PM

Author Topic: NHL Playoffs  (Read 13447 times)

Offline S.Lee

• Super Waygook
Re: NHL Playoffs
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2011, 10:48:09 AM »
congrats bruins fans you deserved it, esp thomas.

i agree that its pretty classless rioting (again), but im not doubting the fact that some (black mask) anarchists took advantage of the situation just like they tried to during olympics

if anyone from vancouver knows anyone involved i urge you to do the right thing and contact vpd with photos, IDs, etc

today i'm ashamed to say i'm from vancouver, but i still believe in the canucks.

Offline joseph921

• Super Waygook
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2011, 11:11:06 AM »
As a Leafs fan, I'm glad to say Vancouver lost.  I find them generally stuck up and snobby.
Boston was very humble and respectful.  They deserved to win it and I'm glad they did.

Tyler Seguin's 1st year in the NHL and he wins the Stanley Cup lol.  Guys like Ray Bourque
have to wait 20 years, and some never ever get it.  Don't you hate it when that happens? lol.

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2011, 11:17:39 AM »
5. . .4. . .3. . .2. . .1 . . .The Boston Bruins win! . . .and Vancouver starts to burn! Why. . .
“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.” -Goethe

Offline rookiewaygook

• Veteran
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2011, 11:50:22 AM »
From the riots- I''m so embarassed to be from Vancouver.

Tim Thomas should have stopped them. Now Vancouver is left in Bruins.

Offline Smudger

• Explorer
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2011, 12:52:31 PM »
As a Leafs fan, I'm glad to say Vancouver lost.  I find them generally stuck up and snobby.

Spoken like a true Leafs fan. I bet you would like to have that Seguin draft pick back.

Aaanyways, the better team won the series.Boston deserves it. Sorry the Canucks couldn't even show up for game 7.
Even more sorry to be from Vancouver right now. What an embarassment. I hope all those punks responsible get theirs.

Offline Davey

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »
**Note: this was meant for that Boston Bruins story thread that mysteriously got removed (Bruins haters among the mods?)**

Beautiful hockey story; this coming from a die-hard Habs fan.

(Sorry, but I read Roch Carrier's The Hockey Sweater at age five and since then there's no going back, even if I want to, and even though obscenely overpaid Scott Gomez belongs in an Alaskan beer league for his series-momentum-shifting buffoonery in game four of the opening round. I'm very happy that the team that eliminated Montreal this year went on to win the cup, less shame in that.)

I wanted to post here mainly to talk about Tim Thomas. Mr. Thomas, you're the greatest hockey player in the world today. I don't care where you're from, this Canadian salutes you. You're what Class A hockey is all about, on the ice and off it. Tim, from Canada to Flint, Michigan: THAT WAS AWESOME. Thank you.

And prime, healthy Orr would absolutely undress any other hockey player in history on a frozen pond, including Gretzky and Lemieux.

Boston fans, have your glory. You've earned it and you deserve it, and I was more than happy to see you win.

See you next year in the playoffs... (hopefully sans Gomez).

It wasn't removed; it was moved to this thread (check the second page).

Sorry, my net navigational skills are limited.

But do tell me how you really feel about Boston?  :P

haha, fair enough.

How do I feel about Boston? Boston was the better team and were awarded accordingly, especially their goalie.
------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html

Offline teeniefairie

• Explorer
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2011, 04:25:46 PM »
i can't believe there was a riot in canada. smh. reminds me of Laker fans

Offline Smudger

• Explorer
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2011, 05:36:09 PM »
i can't believe there was a riot in canada. smh. reminds me of Laker fans

Except Lakers fans riot when they win...which makes slightly less sense.

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2012, 04:10:12 PM »
http://www.oddschecker.com/ice-hockey/nhl/stanley-cup/winner

Well the bookies are favouring Pittsburgh this year. A Pittsburgh-Vancouver final would sure be entertaining.

Offline cabbamac

• Explorer
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2012, 06:08:16 PM »
would anyone be interested in getting a playoff pool going??

Offline Cereal

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Awwww man!
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2012, 11:18:06 AM »
Well...I predicted the Bruins last year - hell, I predict the Bruins every year - and I predict a repeat this year.

I've bled Black and Gold since the 60's.

Go Bruins!
"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Bakunin

Offline Cereal

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Awwww man!
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2012, 01:42:45 PM »
Bye-bye Canucks.

Bye-bye Luongo too, this generation's Dominik Hasek! A regular season superstar.
Bakunin

Offline master pandemonium

• Veteran
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2012, 11:10:04 PM »
Yeah, nice to see LA smoke the Canucks. Glad they are out...they are one dirty hockey team. Well, at least they didn't burn down the city this year :P. Progress is being made up there. I think the Preds got a real good shot this year...

Offline briane.owens

• Explorer
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2012, 07:01:59 PM »
Anyone know a place (preferably near Ilsan) that I can catch the game on Sunday at 9am?  I spent this morning teaching and running in to watch the live stream on my computer everytime I had a break, but I don't have any internet in my apartment to stream video.  Really want to see the game!  Go Kings! :)

Offline Cereal

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Awwww man!
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2012, 02:01:58 PM »
Congratulations to the LA Kings. They sure deserve the Cup after all those years of struggle!
Bakunin

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment