September 18, 2014, 08:35:04 AM

Author Topic: NHL Playoffs  (Read 13441 times)

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend
Re: NHL Playoffs
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 06:35:55 PM »
Imagine what Robson Street is like tonight.

Offline jejusiii

• Adventurer
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2011, 07:41:46 PM »
So stoked on the Bruins right now..... only Boston sports team to not win it all in the past 5 years.... I think its time!!

Offline alimac

• Adventurer
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2011, 12:02:21 AM »
Holy crap, what a game!! I was in the middle of judging a speech contest when I got the twitter update that Bieksa had scored and it took all of my self-control to not jump up out of my seat shouting for joy! Can't wait for the finals... pretty sure several of my morning classes will become an impromptu "let's learn about hockey!" lesson. Go Canucks Go!!!

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2011, 01:53:29 PM »
Well congratulations Bruins. It's nice to see that a town with a proud hockey tradition, that actually deserves to be in the finals, is.

Offline rookiewaygook

• Veteran
Re: Where are you going to watch the Stanley Cup Finals? CANUCKS!!
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2011, 02:03:17 PM »

I'm not sure how far Suwon is from Seoul. But here are the directions to Big Rock. It's in Gangnam and they also have a brunch buffet on the weekend, I think. The owner is a Flames fan, but he'll show the Finals.

Big Rock Brewery: http://www.seoulgrid.com/blog/best-beer-in-big-rock-gangnam-seoul/
(The map is at the bottom of the page)

I've never been to Rocky Mountain. All I know is that it's in Itaewon.

Thank you =)

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2011, 01:59:11 PM »
1-0 with 19 seconds left. What a game. Massive boost. Luo Luo Luo!

Offline adriansergiusz

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2011, 02:13:45 PM »
Although it may be slighly off-topic, now with the Jets back in Canada, Western Conference rivalries will be so much more sweeter, here's hoping the Jet's make the playoffs next year.

Also I have to say I am definitely rooting for Vancouver, they deserve all the failures and hard work they've done to make it to where they are now.

Offline cmm1212

• Adventurer
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2011, 02:25:56 PM »
According to Gary Bettman the west coast rivalries won't be back for Winnipeg until the 2012-2013 season as they will play in the Southeast division next year. 

Offline jglide

• Adventurer
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2011, 02:37:17 PM »
Great game 1 Nucks' fans! Should be a great series.

Whats with Burrows biting Bergeron? As a player I like him a lot, but that was just ugly.

Go Bruins!

Offline november

• Waygookin
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2011, 06:57:16 PM »
Does anyone know a good place to watch the Stanley Cup Finals at in Busan?  I have the NHL Game Center package, but it would be a lot more fun to watch the games at a bar.  Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered. 

Offline sechje

• Adventurer
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2011, 04:15:57 AM »
Great game 1 Nucks' fans! Should be a great series.

Whats with Burrows biting Bergeron? As a player I like him a lot, but that was just ugly.

Go Bruins!

I'm not sure why people are making such a big deal out of this. Bergeron decides to stick his stinky hockey glove into Burrows mouth. I think it would be a natural reaction in the heat of battle when someone sticks a glove in your mouth. If Burrows really wanted to chomp down he would've left a mark. Usually I respect Bergeron's play but his overreaction to the incident was ridiculous. It would have been even more ridiculous if the NHL suspended Burrows (at least NHL didn't screw up on that). Bergeron is just as much at fault IMO. Face-washing is one thing but don't act all surprised after you purposely stick your fingers in someones mouth.

Anyways looks like a good series!

Offline ilovewelchs

• Explorer
GO CANUCKS! Watch the Stanley Cup Finals
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2011, 05:54:51 AM »
Just found out that there's a Canadian bar in Seoul and am going to see game 2 on Sunday.

If you're from Vancouver you should definitely be there!

http://www.rockymountaintavern.com/Schedule.html

Jeff Winston

Re: GO CANUCKS! Watch the Stanley Cup Finals
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2011, 11:17:07 AM »
GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2011, 01:47:45 PM »
Into OT. This should be good.

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
11 seconds in! Thomas is out, Burrows is in! Just unbelievable.

Offline alimac

• Adventurer
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2011, 02:07:41 PM »
Two more to go!!!

Offline robotco

• Adventurer
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2011, 02:29:10 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT GO CANUCKS!!!!!!!!

man, of course the canucks decide to win the cup the year after i leave vancouver  ::)

Offline marty

• Veteran
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2011, 11:09:42 AM »
I hear ya!!! It must be awesome to be back in Vancouver right now. I have been a huge fan my whole life, now that I live in Japan they have a fantastic team. Thank god for torrents!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:52:13 AM by complex303 »

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2011, 01:43:48 PM »
Well, things got a bit uglier in Boston. I love Boston's coach's comments before the game that he can't comment on the Canucks' behaviour but that sort of thing wouldn't happen with the Bruins because 'they're better than that'. I'm sure the guy who taunted Burrows with his fingers will get a team-sanctioned suspension, right?

Offline jglide

• Adventurer
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2011, 01:52:34 AM »
Well, things got a bit uglier in Boston. I love Boston's coach's comments before the game that he can't comment on the Canucks' behaviour but that sort of thing wouldn't happen with the Bruins because 'they're better than that'. I'm sure the guy who taunted Burrows with his fingers will get a team-sanctioned suspension, right?

Julien backed up his comments and reprimanded his own players. Lucic's taunt didn't surprise me, but I was surprised to see Recchi get into it. The emotions are high on both ends so I suspect we will see more boneheaded plays from each team. Personally I like the chippiness (Thomas haha), but the injury was tough to see (bad hit). I just hope Horton is alright. He has arguably been Boston's MVP in the playoffs. Rome's suspension won't make up for the potentially devastating loss.

Here's to mutual respect in a heated series and the hope these two teams can go the distance. The brouhaha would take a back seat in a game 7.

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment