April 25, 2014, 07:19:00 PM

Author Topic: NHL Playoffs  (Read 12683 times)

Offline chonnies

• Explorer
Re: NHL Playoffs
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2011, 10:08:39 AM »
It's gonna be a vicious series from here on out. Man, I've been watching the replay of when the Canucks scored their only goal. That is pretty dirty. Lots of players are slaying the crap out of each other in soft places, but the refs have to cut that out of the game. It'll clean things up a lot.

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2011, 10:48:13 AM »
I just hope Horton is alright.

I'm sure there are about 2.5 million people hoping he'll be perfectly fine in about a week or so.

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2011, 01:58:39 PM »
So the Bruins are up 14-5 on aggregate. It's a good thing this isn't soccer and the only score that matters is 2-2.

Offline sechje

• Adventurer
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »
Wow...the series has really changed. Congrats to Boston for making it a series. Things are getting really chippy.

So has anyone watched the game at Rocky Mountain Tavern? How is the atmosphere during the games? Hope to see many of you there!

Offline west coast tatterdemalion

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2011, 02:32:10 PM »
14-6 aggregate and they are still one game away from losing the Stanley Cup. :o. If the Canucks do win the Cup, Thomas should still be the MVP. They guy has been on fire and is the best player on the ice.

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2011, 02:51:32 PM »
14-6 aggregate and they are still one game away from losing the Stanley Cup. :o. If the Canucks do win the Cup, Thomas should still be the MVP. They guy has been on fire and is the best player on the ice.

Yeah I'd have to agree with that. Luongo's been great when he's been great, but he's also had three games to forget including when of the worst of a finals ever.

Am I the only won strongly expecting a game 7?

Offline Cereal

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Awwww man!
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2011, 02:55:44 PM »
I followed some advice posted here previously and just watched game 5 streamed live. Damn it was good to hear "Hockey Night in Canada" again...and see Grapes!!!

MyP2P, easy and free and a top quality stream. Thanks to whomever mentioned this in the first place.

Go Bruins!!! Down 3-2 but going home. Looks like they'll have to win it in Vancouver  ;D
"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Bakunin

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2011, 02:09:54 PM »
So now it's 19-8 on aggregate. Oh and of course another messy finish. If Luongo can pull it off in game 7 he'll have about the worst stats of a finals winner ever.

Offline H man

• Adventurer
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2011, 03:35:56 PM »
Game 7!!!!!!  I've never seen such a love/hate up/down relationship between fans & a goalie than Luongo and the Van faithful...no idea what happens next game

Offline mulletor0012

• Adventurer
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2011, 05:18:48 PM »
Unfortunately, like many of you, I have to somehow juggle being in 2 places at once (teaching + watching game 7). Have no fear...I HAVE THE SOLUTION:

http://www.printactivities.com/Theme-Printables/Hockey-Printables.html

cryptograms, word scrambles, mazes and word searches. Can't get any better!

Offline jglide

• Adventurer
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2011, 08:51:24 PM »
I have to do an open class that will happen to coincide with the third period of Game 7 as my Bruins try to win the first Stanley Cup of my lifetime. What I wouldn't give to be back in Boston now.

What a strange series. Tough to predict game 7. It will be crucial for the Bruins to score early though it will be interesting to see how both teams deal with the pressure of a tie score in the third. Van should be confident if the game is close late, but that arena will be nervous as heck.

I hope both teams go out playing their best.

Offline joseph921

• Super Waygook
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2011, 10:03:31 PM »
Even though I'm Canadian, I actually want Boston to win.  I find Vancouver to be a little conceited, whereas Boston has been very respectful and humble.    And if I'm not mistaken, Boston has more Canadians on the team anyways than Vancouver does lol.

Offline kkcreamsoda

• Explorer
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2011, 10:22:14 PM »
I don't usually pay attention to hockey games but GO CANUCKS GO !!!:D:D:D

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2011, 10:08:15 AM »
Even though I'm Canadian, I actually want Boston to win.  I find Vancouver to be a little conceited, whereas Boston has been very respectful and humble.    And if I'm not mistaken, Boston has more Canadians on the team anyways than Vancouver does lol.

That's OK - we have all of Sweden cheering for us.

Offline Gunpo_Erin

• Super Waygook
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2011, 10:29:21 AM »
This has been an intense final 7!  I am from Vancouver, but I am kinda hoping Boston wins it in the end!

Offline Dixienormis

• Explorer
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2011, 10:35:10 AM »
I'm kinda split about this series. Don't like Vancouver, but I really despise Boston. Not the team but the city, so I guess I'm for the 'nucks. Would love to see all of Boston with tears floating in their chowder.

Offline S.Lee

• Super Waygook
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2011, 11:21:21 AM »
vancouver in 7! GO CANUCKS GO!

esp w/ the way the media is treating vancouver (which most people buy into), the biased reffing (not even a penalty for boychuk???), etc

i dont think i can handle another game 7 loss...though i'll always be a canucks and a fan of Luuuuuu ...

Offline barbeeb22

• Adventurer
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2011, 11:48:11 AM »
Lets hope that the home team keeps winning..come on nucks~~~~~~

Luongo is money at home ...

Offline robotco

• Adventurer
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2011, 12:21:21 PM »
stop the presses! daniel sedin guarantees victory in game 7!

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2011, 01:09:28 PM »
vancouver in 7! GO CANUCKS GO!

esp w/ the way the media is treating vancouver (which most people buy into), the biased reffing (not even a penalty for boychuk???), etc

The reffing has looked biased but fortunately it's had little relation to the outcome of any game. If it had affected Vancouver in game 5 there could have been a riot after the game. I think that's one reason they made sure Boston got a couple in the second. With game 7 at home I think the refs will try to keep the whistles in their pockets as much as possible.

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment