July 28, 2014, 05:13:55 PM

Author Topic: PowerPoint - Video Tutorials  (Read 11207 times)

Offline MrMaggot

• Explorer
Re: PowerPoint - Video Tutorials
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 02:34:20 PM »
That's great Daejeon! Thanks so much for ur help!

Keep up the fantastic work. Very much appreciated!  ;D

Offline Hailey

• Waygookin
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 12:40:09 PM »
These tutorials are great, thank you for all your hard work!  I consider myself OK with most office programs but always found my PowerPoint presentations to be very limited.  Thanks for helping make me look like a pro!

Offline Ritzckrakr

• Adventurer
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 06:23:28 PM »
I WOULD like to know how to change to the next slide w/o having to click a computer key each time!  ;D First world problems, really....

Daejeon

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »
Set a timed slide transition

Offline aharvey4

• Explorer
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 10:20:48 AM »
Wow this is great, I've been feeling very lacking in the PPT design, especially since I have not been able to change my Word into English. Do you find yourself making powerpoints often or sticking closer to the book? I'm having a hard time trying to convince my co-teachers ppt could be helpful.

Offline steffyannabelle

• Explorer
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 04:54:16 PM »
I might just be way behind the times here, but I am simply trying to figure out how to use powerpoint 2007 on the computer at my Korean school. I can't even figure out how to do the simple stuff. I had created a presentation using open office on my personal computer, but when I converted it to ppt I lost all of the effects and transitions...I have no idea how to get get it back. Any suggestions for converting from OO OR how to change the office program to English? Thanks!

Offline tesoljon

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »
I inherited this from a previous NET by way of my coteacher, and she doesn't know how he made it. Can you tell me how the spinning wheel works?

I can't tell if each slide is tide to a point value, if there's some sort of randomizer involved, or if there's something else going on that I can't think of. I'm hoping to deconstruct it and repurpose it in the future.

And I'm sorry about the large file size. I tried to delete some slides from the middle, but I can't Save As... for some reason.  :-[

Daejeon

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2012, 02:24:34 PM »
Bring up the animations panel and you will notice the wheel group has degree rotations added to it. 

Offline tesoljon

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2012, 04:30:19 PM »
Thanks! took me a while to find the animation pane. :-P And now I've broken it and can't make it spin. Got hyperlinked to another slide. Even after I thought I removed the link.

On another note, what program did you use to take the video screen shots?

Daejeon

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 05:22:46 PM »
Thanks! took me a while to find the animation pane. :-P And now I've broken it and can't make it spin. Got hyperlinked to another slide. Even after I thought I removed the link.

On another note, what program did you use to take the video screen shots?

I can't remember what program I used to capture the screen, I haven't been home in a week.

Offline robsam

• Waygookin
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 10:02:25 PM »
I like using PowerPoint in my lessons and if they're fun and interesting to the students they're very successful. But on the other hand, I've found if I use them too much the kids get bored and then the PowerPonts lose their appeal to the kids no matter how exciting and funny I make them!

Offline dchrzano

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 11:49:50 PM »
How do you enable PowerPoint Trust Centre Settings on PowerPoint 2007.
It doesn't have the same tools options at the top.
I clicked on Marco Settling > Enable all Macros
But it still won't go to the points slide when I click the check mark for the Ninja Game. ? Anyone?
De

Daejeon

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 12:06:41 AM »
How do you enable PowerPoint Trust Centre Settings on PowerPoint 2007.
It doesn't have the same tools options at the top.
I clicked on Marco Settling > Enable all Macros
But it still won't go to the points slide when I click the check mark for the Ninja Game. ? Anyone?

You need to allow VBA access from the trust center.

Offline dchrzano

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 12:22:15 AM »
Thanks for answering my inquiry Daejeon, I think it has something to do with the file itself, the user (rlee.miki) re-posted another copy because no matter if you enabled it all it still didn't work. Here is the file that wasn't linking. But I found the same game that does link. Thanks so much! :)

De

Daejeon

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 10:57:17 AM »
It was saved as .PPTX, which I warned against.  That's the reason the VBA isn't working.

Offline marksurendra

• Super Waygook
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 11:56:35 AM »
Thank you so much!!

Offline dandred

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2012, 11:12:13 PM »
Daejeon, is it possible to make a spinning wheel that randomly stops at different points every spin?

Like the wheel of fortune wheel. I've been going through your video tutorials and I can believe how simple you make everything seem, I've learnt so much from them in the last few days while my school has had exams.   

Daejeon

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2012, 11:20:39 PM »
To make a wheel spin with "random" outcomes, you need to use a Visual Basic script.  There are problems assigning a center anchor to rotate around though.  Most people use a rotate effect animation and set the degrees, which works fine.  But will never be random.  I have no classes in the morning, I can see about putting together an example.

I prefer using Flash for such technical projects. What did you want on the wheel?

Offline dandred

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2012, 02:22:47 AM »
I want to make the games that use the Jeopardy game structure to have a random element after every question........so they get question right they get a set amount of points, the points that question is worth, but I also want them to have a gamble/wheel so they will either get extra points, lose, steal...etc.

I want to make this myself, I don't just want to tell you what I want and you to make it for me. I want to learn how to do it myself.

Thank you for the quick reply and all the fantastic work.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:20:32 AM by dandred »

Daejeon

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 12:15:43 PM »
If you would like to do it yourself using only animation, you could follow these steps:

1. draw a circle, and add the rewards to it.
2. Group all the objects to form (group 1)
3. Cover the slide or wheel with invisible shapes (set the fill to 0% alpha)
4. add rotation effects to the wheel (group 1) that are triggered by the invisible shapes
5. give each rotation varied degrees, speed etc.
6. add as many triggers and animations as you see fit.

While this will appear to be random to an extent.  It isn't, and can be predicted.  But, for your purposes, this is a suitable solution.

Zeegs has done something similar with his wheel in Wheel of Fortune.  Check it out here:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,33685.0.html

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment