Hi everyone. This is my 2nd semester teaching. Waygook help me a great deal last year so this semester I want to try and give back as much as I can. So I was trying to find a reading game that would work for both my village schools and my big public school (no PPT), and I came up with a game I'm going to call "Slap the Deck". This game is inspired by the card game "Slap Jack".
1. Print out and laminate cards with all the vocab words as well as all the words used for each target sentence ( See the attachment)
2. Students work in pairs. The students must divide their deck for two players.
3. Teacher will write a sentence or more than three words from the lesson on the board.
4. Students will do rock, paper, scissor to decide who goes first.
5. Students must hold their cards so that they can't see the side with the words on it.
6. First student will flip over and put down a card. Each will take turns putting down a card.
7. When a student happens to put down a card with one of the words given by the teacher, the first one to slap it wins all the cards that are in the pile so far.
8. Students must keep playing in until one person has won all the cards or if you run out of time the winner will be the person who has collected the most cards.
My students loved this game, especially my 6th graders. This game can be adapted to any lesson for any grade level. I hope this helps!