December 19, 2014, 01:20:30 AM

Author Topic: Orthodontist in Korea. (Yeah, braces. No, I'm not 13.)  (Read 1933 times)

Offline danitravels

• Veteran
Orthodontist in Korea. (Yeah, braces. No, I'm not 13.)
« on: May 16, 2011, 07:55:18 PM »
10 years ago, I got my braces off. I've had a permanent retainer since then on the bottom, as as I was talking last night, half of the glue on the wire broke off. Just fell off. That's never happened before.

Now, there's something sharp and pointy jabbing my tongue. One of my students offered me wax this morning, something that hadn't happened since I was a freshman!

Anybody know a decent orthodontist that can possibly fix this? Anything is appreciated!!

Thanks!

Offline GEK

• Veteran
Re: Orthodontist in Korea. (Yeah, braces. No, I'm not 13.)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 08:09:12 PM »
Pm me for an English speaking ortho in incheon, if you are near incheon.

Offline lizardflix

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 10:59:05 AM »
A wire on one of my retainers broke last night.  Did you have any luck finding a place to replace yours?

Thanks

Offline sheila

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 11:10:02 AM »
danitravels... I see you're from Yongin, not to far from Youngtong.  If you come over to Youngtong near the Homeplus, there's the medical arts building here. I'm positive I've seen an orthodontist there. Betting he has some English skills too since most of them do in that building.  If you go to the Youngtong Park bus stop, there is ABC Mart, Cafe Pascucci, and Baskin Robins on the first floor.  On the third floor are all of the doctors and the pharmacy. Otherwise, just wander around in the other buildings around Homeplus [next to (3rd floor) and across the street( 3rd floor and up)] there are signs for dentists all over and I'm sure one could point you in the right direction.  They might even have a nurse bring you over to a different doctor. I believe the medical arts building doctors are open tomorrow morning probably until 1 or 2.  Good luck getting your situation resolved.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!
www.freerice.com

Offline minamteacher

• Expert Waygook
  • AegNO >.<
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 11:16:47 AM »
I had the same thing happen to me this week. I am getting it replaced in Incheon (although I am paying much more than I wanted to...)

Offline atn

• Waygookin
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 04:44:04 AM »
GEK and Minam Teacher...  please tell me where your English speaking orthodontists are in Incheon.  Thank you.

Recent Lesson Plans

Summer Space Camp - Elementary by lovebunny
[Yesterday at 09:12:04 PM]

Weird Infinitives by kicker_qb01
[Yesterday at 07:31:22 PM]

How do you buy textbooks? by adr1083
[Yesterday at 06:13:25 PM]

Camp Cooking - Recipes and Teaching Materials by mirokii
[Yesterday at 04:58:31 PM]

Online Shopping forms to fil out for ESL students, elementary level by janet1992
[Yesterday at 04:43:10 PM]

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment