July 24, 2014, 07:24:56 PM

Author Topic: (2011 National) Grade 5, Lesson 2 - "Do You Have English Class Today?"  (Read 51753 times)

Offline ashleytaree

• Explorer
Here is a great game that you can play ^^ It's a Battle ship game and its simple once you explain to the students
This is the Document that goes along with the Battleship PPT, it's pretty simple to understand once you have the PPT.

[MOD EDIT: consecutive posts merged]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:44:55 PM by foreverJ »

Offline awaytorelax

• Explorer
OK I used this game to review listening and reading for chapter 2 - Do you have English class. We used the game Twister but you can make this game if you don't have Twister. Print off and cut up the attached documents. Stick the phrases onto 20 different sheets or stick the words onto the colour circles on the twister mat.
Then print off the conversation sheet. Work with your co teacher and read out the different conversations together. St's get into teams and have to listen to the key phrases such as I have math’s class on Wednesday, what about you? No I don't have math's class on Wednesday, I have math’s on Monday.... St's have to put one foot on one phrase i.e. math's class and one hand on another i.e. Monday depending on who they are instructed to listen to. I hope this makes sense and feel free to adapt in any way. Great if you want a change from PP and if your class is sometimes too calm.
  ;D

Offline echodream

• Explorer
Grade 5, Lesson 2 - Do You Have English Class Today?
« Reply #202 on: April 14, 2011, 05:24:44 PM »
Korean textbook pictures with English title

Offline ahnatiuk

• Explorer
Just a spelling review, word scramble type thing.  Good for part 1 or 2.

Offline countlatch

• Explorer
Here is an interview activity I did with the students. I wrote 5 subjects on the board, and had them fill out their schedule using the subjects however they wanted, then they would Interview a partner about their schedule, and fill it out on the worksheet. (Information gap). The second part is just asking "Do you like _____ class" to their partner, then  filling  in with a smiley or frown face.

Offline Cath

• Explorer
Chapter 2 Period 5 Story Time "Who Am I?" Roleplay Activity

I played the story for the students and then proceeded to Activity Two. Then we went back to Activity One. After listening to the dialogue, I handed out role play scripts. The students had to fill in the missing words and practice the dialogue in the groups. Then they performed them in class.

The powerpoint takes you through the dialogue script.

This is a worksheet for Lesson 2. I used it for Period 1, but it can be used for any period.

The students are required to match the days of the week to the short form and label the pictures with the correct subjects.

(I had taught the students the short form of the days of the week in class that day).

[MOD EDIT: consecutive posts merged]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:37:24 PM by foreverJ »

Offline Malcolm2123

• Explorer
Review/Speed game

Offline ahyoon

• Explorer
Mario Bomb Game
« Reply #207 on: April 15, 2011, 05:22:42 PM »
Here is a Mario Bomb game that is good for a final review.

Offline xoxomegers

• Explorer
Someone already posted a great PPT with the "Today Is Monday" story by Eric Carle.  My co-teacher found it in song version that the kids can learn and sing along to.... 

If the link doesn't work when you click on it, you can go to Naver.com and type in "Today is Monday".  It should pop up right away.

http://cafe.naver.com/momenglishstory.cafe?iframe_url=/ArticleRead.nhn%3Farticleid=1693&
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:27:14 PM by Daejeon »

Offline AlwaysSunny

• Explorer
Here's my ppt for day and school schedule expressions. It includes a card game using stuff from the back of the textbook. Has cute animated characters that the kids really liked.

Offline lsjforce828

• Explorer
Here is worksheet for puzzle

Offline gideonseaton

• Explorer
here are my lesson planns from lesson 2.

Offline pgloria

• Explorer
Re: Lesson 2 "Do you have English class today?" worksheet
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2011, 02:41:51 PM »
Pretty simple - just a PPT with new vocabulary to elicit the kids to guess what each class is.  You can make adjustments to it depending on the level of your class.  I also have this in Keynote version for Mac users.

You can see a preview of it here: http://www.slideshare.net/kimmypocket/do-you-have-english-class-today - you can download it, but it might need to be tinkered with to make it work.  Not sure.

Hi~ This is a worksheet for lesson 2

Offline pgloria

• Explorer
Re: Lesson 2 "Do you have English class today?" worksheet
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2011, 02:50:07 PM »
Pretty simple - just a PPT with new vocabulary to elicit the kids to guess what each class is.  You can make adjustments to it depending on the level of your class.  I also have this in Keynote version for Mac users.

You can see a preview of it here: http://www.slideshare.net/kimmypocket/do-you-have-english-class-today - you can download it, but it might need to be tinkered with to make it work.  Not sure.

Sorry I forgot attach the file.

Offline giggle25

• Explorer
This is a dounut game good for revewing the speaking expressions in Lesson2 for 5th graders

plus worksheets.

{Mod] Edit, merged 5 posts to 1.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:26:00 PM by Daejeon »

Offline Shin jeongmi

• Explorer
PPTs and worksheets you've uploaded help me to make my students learn and pratice expressions. Thank you!! ;)

Offline Franchesca

• Explorer
Grade 5, Lesson 2 - Do You Have English Class Today?
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2011, 11:57:51 AM »
Here is a simple review worksheet for this lesson, it can help to fill up some time.

Offline stringbeanplaid

• Explorer
Here's a worksheet I made for my students. I introduced the new vocabulary and we went over the book together, the students writing the days of the week in English in the box, and then writing the Korean translation of the sentence on the lines.

As my students are quite low level and the story in the book isn't very good I prepared a worksheet to go with Jasper's beanstalk story. I will use this for part 5 'story time', I will use the textbook work but not spend too much time on the activities. Then i will read the story and give out the worksheet, we will read again together and answer questions. My co teacher will translate any words they don't know.

Offline mcafee1984

• Explorer
Here is a lesson plan layout of lesson 2 DO you have English class today?

You can use whatever is helpful to you. I have added a PPT file that I have changed around for what I wanted my students to learn.

Offline nzkravit

• Explorer
Here is a merged ppoint that I found worked very well...It has a nice flow. 1st it can be used to teach/review the days of the week. Than it teaches how to respond to questions about subjects...And finally brings it al together with a time table analyzing activity...Respect to the originators

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment