April 22, 2018, 07:05:38 AM

Author Topic: Culture in Gestures Powerpoint  (Read 6999 times)

Offline Mlatte

• Veteran
Culture in Gestures Powerpoint
« on: May 23, 2011, 09:29:24 AM »
Here is a Powerpoint about Cultures in Gestures.  It talks about the meanings of different gestures from around the world.  Also, I embedded a video that was made for the English Village in Yangpyeong, Korea that talks about world gestures.  I hope that you like it!  :-*

Offline Ectofuego

• Featured Contributor
  • Expert Waygook
Re: Culture in Gestures Powerpoint
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 09:45:01 AM »
http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,8317.msg100587/topicseen.html#new

Relating the University thread for gestures with the others.
I'm Jason and I approve this message!

Offline Agent 99

• Explorer
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 04:55:29 PM »
Yet another one I wish I could download!  This is my first year of teaching and a uni here- (I spent 3+ years teaching ay Hagwons). ANd this is my first time on this site.  Apparently I have to post 5 times before I can take full advantage of this site. 

I completed my first semester at the Uni and - much to my surprise- my employement (rehire) is based on student "approval" via surveys.  So it's kind of like a popularity contest-- which I'm not very good at, so I need all the help I can get moving forward...I'll be checking in here often...anything you can suggest would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Offline Sasha

• Explorer
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 01:32:48 PM »
looks good

Offline Janitor

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Expert Waygook
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 07:47:51 AM »
I have been using this video for teaching gestures. My university students got a kick out of it. I usually pause it before they give the meaning and ask what they think the gesture means.

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
The 2018 KOTESOL National Conference. Crossing Borders: Korean ELT in the Modern World. May 12 Kangnam University, Yongin
koreatesol.org/nc2018