December 22, 2014, 09:18:20 PM

Author Topic: All About the Ocean Camp  (Read 10399 times)

Offline briane.owens

• Explorer
Re: All About the Ocean Camp
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 05:02:19 PM »
Some great stuff here.  I am going to be teaching a unit on Under the sea for my 3-4th grade after school class that runs for 2 1/2 hours in a week.  I have some ppt material already, but was hoping to take a look at your PPT "Winter Camp 2011 - Under the Sea" because I may do a similar theme in summer camp with a different group of friends. Unfortunately it looks like this file has been corrupted.  Would you be able to upload a zipped version? It would be greatly appreciated!

Offline ejs

• Explorer
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 02:57:59 PM »
This is a recipe for a sea life themed jelly (jello) bowl. You use gummy fish and worms to put into the sea.

Don't ask me where this stuff is available in Korea, I haven't looked into it yet.

Also, best to leave out the alcohol. Sending kids home drunk tends to be frowned upon.

http://rock-ur-party.tablespoon.com/2012/03/04/jelly-shot-gummy-fish-bowl/

Offline Jaimy

• Explorer
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 04:32:02 PM »
Thank you so much!
It was a wonderful resource for my summer camp.
I'll take the idea 'all about the ocean' with movie, making a craft and teach about unique sea creature
or camouflage of squid and so on...

Offline miriah.lawrence

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 12:03:15 PM »
So I am doing two weeks (6 classes) of after school classes about the ocean.  This is the 1st week of what I have planned. 

I modified and added worksheets to two of the PPT already posted on this page.  My kids already knew some of the animals and body parts of the ocean animals so some things are listed as review, also they are a lower level (2nd, 3rd and 4th).  So you may need to modify the PPT to suit your kids.

Day 1: review and introduction on sea animals.  uses vocabulary worksheet (in the PPT), ocean puzzles (ocean animal activity sheets posted earlier), ocean animal scramble (posted earlier) and a few coloring pages (also found in ocean animal activity sheets).

Day 2: review ocean animal vocabulary and creating a bubble print. worksheet is in the ppt. I had the kids color some of the coloring pages from the ocean animal activity sheets, but the kids love to draw their own ocean scene as well. 

Day 3:learning ocean animal pars (fins, gills...) and making their own ocean creature.  vocabulary worksheet attached to the PPT, how many worksheet (ocean animals activities), a coloring page (also ocean animal activities) and making a sea creature (posted earlier).

I will post the rest of my after school activities next week.  I have to finish them.  ;)

Offline namerae

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Veteran
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 05:57:12 PM »
** 3 week summer camp for 3rd and 4th graders**
I'm using the .pdf file "All About the Ocean".
Because I'm doing 5 classes a week for each grade, the classes are only 40 minutes long. 14 classes total! (Aug 15 is a red day)

Attached is my plan. I've broken it up into 5 days a week, highlighting each class. Please see the "All About the Ocean" .pdf that was posted earlier for more details. This is just a way to break up the book for 3 weeks.

You could probably finish that book (5 chapters) in 3 weeks, but I want to squeeze in some movie time with the kids. We're going to spend Friday classes first with a review of the chapter (quiz made by me). Then we'll watch "Finding Nemo" and do a quiz on the movie.

You don't need too many materials for this camp unless you want to make it fancy. I'm reusing materials found around the school like sand and trash  :laugh:  It teaches the importance of keeping the beach clean.

Anyway, will post more materials later if I hand make anything. Have a great weekend!

Offline BusanBTC

• Explorer
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 02:51:22 PM »
Here is a nice jellyfish craft activity for elementary level:

http://bhoomplay.wordpress.com/2011/09/09/diy_jellyfish_eng/

I have attached the YouTube video and an explanatory PPT I have prepared.

Offline jc in gimhae

• Adventurer
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 03:30:14 PM »
bingo + pass the ball +vocab +matching = 40 minutes!

Recent Lesson Plans

Grr I need to rant by Maggie Magic
[Today at 09:07:59 PM]

K-Pop Slam Twist by whitleybug
[Today at 08:33:25 PM]

How to Train Your Dragon Camp by kalib
[Today at 05:55:54 PM]

Memory Picture Game (superhero/comic edition) by ChrisKorea
[Today at 05:46:55 PM]

cute Christmas cards by kimchikiwi
[Today at 05:35:06 PM]

Buy/Sell/Trade