April 24, 2014, 03:56:29 AM

Author Topic: Powerpoint download?  (Read 952 times)

Offline jbaile

• Veteran
Powerpoint download?
« on: August 28, 2011, 10:51:15 AM »
Hi there,

Just planning my first lesson and I am just wondering if anyone knows where I can download power point. Not the whole office package (hoping it will be a bit cheaper this way) just power point.
Thanks so much!!

Offline Kat_teacher

• Explorer
Re: Powerpoint download?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 02:17:53 PM »
I was the same. I didn't want to bother getting microsoft office.

Download open office (it's free), it will have a powerpoint option... http://download.openoffice.org/ 

It's free and when you have it downloaded and saved, click on openoffice.org Impress. That brings you to the powerpoint.

Offline Paul

• Featured Contributor
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 01:26:02 PM »
Just a warning concerning OpenOffice Impress.

I love OpenOffice, but it is only compatible to a point. By contrast, many of the PPT files you'll find on this site (cough, Daejeon's, cough) will be well beyond that limitation. Opening one and editing it in Impress will likely render it broken. Even something like Jennifer's Mario game may come out a bit sketchy, but still functional.

Furthermore, OpenOffice by default does not embed image files, so be very careful to either truck your images in a directory with the PPT itself into work or find the embed option somewhere in the software to ensure your lesson's target vocab does not get reduced to colours and shapes (specifically, red and cross; grey and square).
More primary school colours and shapes activity ideas and resources than you'd ever need - here
Holy free educational fonts Batman!

Daejeon

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 01:29:29 PM »
Just a warning concerning OpenOffice Impress.

By contrast, many of the PPT files you'll find on this site (cough, Daejeon's, cough) will be well beyond that limitation.

;)

Recent Lesson Plans

TeacherReady by Wintermute
[Yesterday at 10:02:07 PM]

American Sign Language: Alphabet by Aqvm
[Yesterday at 09:28:59 PM]

Connect Four by powelldr
[Yesterday at 09:06:58 PM]

3rd Grade MS Boys Being Disruptive, and an Ineffectual C/T by ESmith4
[Yesterday at 06:37:50 PM]

Super Easy Brainiac Game by drgenderpotato
[Yesterday at 06:25:42 PM]