October 02, 2014, 01:14:30 AM

Author Topic: Criminal background Check  (Read 1468 times)

Offline beriedel

• Adventurer
Criminal background Check
« on: October 04, 2011, 08:02:15 PM »
Does anyone know how long it takes to get an FBI criminal background check?  I need one ASAP....

Offline justanotherwaygook

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • The Legend
Re: Criminal background Check
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 08:30:47 PM »
Search function... Google.... FBI website...
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

Offline Morticae

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 08:36:22 PM »
Does anyone know how long it takes to get an FBI criminal background check?  I need one ASAP....

ASAP? Unless by ASAP you mean a few months, prepared to be disappointed. There are ways to speed up an apostille, but it's very difficult to jump the queue for an FBI check. If you're friendly with your senator or state representatives, you can request that they help you out. There's a slim chance that could work.

Online Schellib39

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 12:57:31 AM »
Yeah sorry to say there is no getting a FBI background check quickly (as far as I know).  I would get your finger prints done here in Korea.  Just print the paper off of the FBI site, take them to a police station here and explain why you need the finger prints done.  Oh yeah, may have a few prints made while at the police station because if one of them cannot be used in the USA then you will have to start the whole process over again.  Also include a letter saying you need it certified so after you can have it apostilled (yeah they cannot apostille it).  They will send it back to a place, perhaps to your parents house, and then they will have to send it to have it apostilled.  I had to send mine to Washington D.C. to have it apostilled and it took forever, whole process was around 3 months I think.  Hope that helps...

Offline JahRhythm

• Fanatical Supporter!
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • University E2 Visa
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 10:15:27 AM »
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/faqs
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/background_checks
http://www.state.gov/m/a/auth/
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258

From the time the FBI RECEIVES your fingerprints and request, it will be 8-10 weeks. Then you have to send it to get an apostille. That adds another 2 weeks.
We teach EFL not ESL. Hagwon and "Private School" are not synonymous. Not everyone works in either a hagwon or public school. Immigration Question? Call 1345.

Offline scl2265

• Explorer
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 02:36:44 PM »
There is no way to speed up the background check, mine took 7 weeks. If you live close to the secretary of the dept of state in whatever state you are in you can personally drive it there and get it done that day usually within a few minutes. I got mine in MD within 5 minutes and my friends got theres done in NC within 2 hours.

Offline deajeonmatt

• Explorer
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 02:55:01 PM »
I don't think that an FBI check can happen ASAP.  Expect to wait at least six weeks. 

Offline releasethedogs

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 06:27:22 PM »
In 2009 I contacted my congressman (Harry Mitchell) about getting it quickly. I had it in hand 5 days later with a signed letter thanking me for contacting his offices. Its a shame he was not reelected.

marsavalanche

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 11:08:18 AM »
Hello everyone, if you need apostille services of your FBI Background check in an expedite manner (same day or next day processing), please contact Express Document Authentication Services at info@expressauthentication.com or call 202-223-8822.  The company is located in Washington DC and can submit your FBI document same day (walk in service).  FBI Background check is a federal issued document, therefore, this needs to be apostille by the US State Department.  The company's website at www.expressauthentication.com

Thank you.

Please keep in mind this is nothing more than someone in a used Honda driving to the Secretary of State department and hand delivering your FBI CBC for a same day apostille.

Under NO circumstances do they speed up your FBI CBC but save time the time it would have taken to do the apostille.

Look up the "business" address from the website that crawled out of the 90's and you will see it takes you to an intersection and not an actual building.  That's because the "business" is the guy's used Honda on the sidewalk.  Use at your own risk.

Offline socks_optional

• Waygookin
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 12:52:50 PM »
You CAN get your CBC expedited. Contact your congressman. I did it this year and had it back the next week.

Offline Engrish

• Super Waygook
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 04:48:07 PM »
If you are in the U.S., my friend was able to get hers done within a few days using this website:

http://fieldprintfbi.com/FBIHomePage.aspx?PostingID=540&ChannelID=264

P.S.  I am not an advertiser

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment