I am currently teaching in all girls high school, and I just wanted to share one of my lessons here (a mishmash of other contributions from this site). We've just finished all the exams this past month, and I thought I would give them a break from all the speaking or game activities. I've finally came up a straight forward lesson on "Role Models". My students are fairly mixed in their levels and I think this lesson is fairly successful with my Gr. 2 class. I've attached my ppt which could be of use to anyone here. Please feel free to edit/modify the contents to suit your class' level.
I've selected 3 role models: Kim Yuna, Choi Sung Bung, and Steve Jobs (Maybe you can pick Park Ji Sung too) This lesson is about 50 minutes long, but you can modify it or supplement it with any activities you can think of if you think it is too long.
My simple outline:
- Intro: Ask what role model is, Korean Vocabulary of role model and ask who their role model.
- Start with Kim Yuna and show Yuna's video clip (from one of the ppt. links - have it pre-opened in one of your browser)
- Introduce 2nd role model: Choi Sung Bung and show his video clip
- Introduce 3rd role model: Steve Jobs and show Steve's video clip
- Wrap up your thoughts about role models
I hope this lesson is helpful :)