Gye Gwang Middle School (http://www.gg.ms.kr
) is a private boys school in Cheonan (80 km south of Seoul) with about 1,000 students and 50 teaching faculty. Gye Gwang is a forward-thinking and well-organized school with a lively student body and enthusiastic teachers. Cheonan is only 35 minutes from Seoul by KTX train.
Take a peek at some of our first year students: youtube.com/shkim85
We are looking for 1 experienced, enthusiastic teacher to add to our team, who is passionate about teaching and is interested in Korean culture. Experience is essential, as well as flexibility, honesty, responsibility, a professional attitude, and open-mindedness about teaching methods. Teachers already residing in Korea are preferred.
- 1 year contract from March 2012
- 2.2 million won salary
- Apartment provided (near the school)
- Returning airfare provided
- 1 month severance pay provided upon completion of contract
- 20-22 teaching hours per week (one teaching hour = one 45 minute class)
- Average class size: 36
- 2 week paid vacation in summer
- 5 week paid vacation in winter
- All national holidays observed
- School festivals, picnics, sports days, trips, etc. (Attendance required, often during normal school hours)
Please email a resume, photo, and cover letter to Sarah: firstname.lastname@example.org