September 03, 2014, 01:09:10 PM

Author Topic: Supplements in Korea  (Read 23366 times)

Offline dpsmith

• Veteran
Re: Where can I find Protein shake/bar?
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2011, 06:00:30 PM »
GMARKET.COM

Offline dsob

• Veteran
www.djsandkp.blogspot.com

Supplements at www.iHerb.com - $5 off referral coupon - OZI611

Offline burks

• Waygookin
Re: Supplements in Korea
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2011, 01:08:51 AM »
The 2main sites are mass119.com and healthkoreaus.com. In terms of price, healthkorea is your best bet if you are just looking for simple products like whey and creatine and If you are not too fussy on brands. If you are looking for specifics in terms of supplements like Chromium, Vandyl, prohormones etc or the not so common brands then mass119 is the place to go

Offline teachinkorea

• Explorer
Bodybuilding supplements delivered
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2011, 06:19:11 PM »
Staying in shape or getting in shape can be a real drag, but I just discovered an online supplement store that will deliver what you need to take care of your protein, amino acids, fish oil, etc. needs. 

This website, bodybuilding.com, will send supplements to Korea for a rather expensive cost: $60 - 100 USD

But, if Kimchi and vegetables just aren't putting the essential nutrients in your body, then it's well worth the investment.

Please feel free to share any other convenient or less costly places to shop!

Offline dsob

• Veteran
Re: Bodybuilding supplements delivered
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2011, 06:27:07 PM »
I got mine at iherb.com. There delivery is cheap and they have a good selection of products. First order, you can get $5 off by using the referral coupon.
www.djsandkp.blogspot.com

Supplements at www.iHerb.com - $5 off referral coupon - OZI611

Offline thepeoplestrust

• Explorer
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2011, 06:49:52 PM »
These two places are really cheap and ship products over from the US. I've mainly used speedns and the service was great.

https://www.speedns.co.kr:400/index.asp

http://mass119.com/?key=1

The site work best on IE and are in Korean but with a bit of luck you can find your way around. A Korean might be essential if you wish to order!

Offline jih

• Adventurer
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2011, 02:25:03 PM »
+1 for mass119

Offline Seoulian

• Veteran
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2011, 03:12:24 PM »
I've ordered protein powder and multivitamin from iherb for a low price and with around a 5 day wait time. It makes me very happy!

You can also go to Namdaemun market if you need some other supplements. I've seen Deer horn antler powder, acai, gloucasamine, DHEA, vitamins and fish oil. Don't think I'd go near any of those supps except for the fish oil and vitamins though.

Offline Epuni

• Waygookin
I found a site where you can order grocery items to South Korea for the flat rate shipping price of just $4.00, a little more if it's over 3 pounds but even then it's still super cheap compared to other sites.

Check it out: http://www.iherb.com/

They sell all different spices, baking aids, coffee, sweeteners, rice, cereals, almond butter, jams, chips, crackers, soup and gluten free foods. Huge selection of protein powder, protein bars & supplements. They also sell tons of different vitamins, home and beauty products as well. Basically any non perishable grocery item you would find in a Whole Foods type of grocery store back home.

You can use this Discount Code: KUJ012 and get $5.00 off your first order. It works for first time customers only. No minimum purchase.

Don't forget to take a look at their free products and samples before you check out.

Also, if there is anything you want them to start selling on their site you can go to their facebook page and make a suggestion here:

https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=76133747003&topic=14705

I've made a few suggestions that have actually been met.  Popchips being one of them.  Also, the Peanut Butter & Co products and the peanut flour.  Abby, the lady who operates the iHerb facebook page will inform you via email when they have brought in the item that you've requested.

Anyone looking for the real Sriracha sauce with the rooster label, you can find it at iHerb as well.  See here:

http://www.iherb.com/Huy-Fong-Foods-Inc-Sriracha-Hot-Chili-Sauce-17-oz-482g-435-ml/33415?at=0&rcode=KUJ012
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:36:40 PM by Epuni »

Offline Jyang486

• Veteran
Re: Where can I find Protein shake/bar?
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2011, 02:45:33 PM »
How much does your shipping usually come out to?  I have in my shopping cart about 9 lbs (2 protein powders/1 bcaa) and it says shipping is $17?  Also, can you shop iherb with online banking or do they only take credit card?  Because that seems to be the only option during checkout, and I didn't bring my credit cards with me.

Offline SupaTeacha

• Veteran
Re: Korean diet drugs
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2011, 02:19:02 AM »
Does anyone know of any of these "Diet Doctors" in Gwangju? I'm a little shy about going to a regular diet about my weight because I get enough attention from random old ladies on the street pointing at my belly and giggling :-/

Offline jih

• Adventurer
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2011, 09:12:53 AM »
Diet drugs are the biggest scam and cash cow for health companies.

Outside of a few prescribed drugs that affect carbohydrate absorption/ingestion there is no magic pill that rids one of fat.  And it is fat that people want reduced not weight.  Otherwise you simply look like a smaller version of your current fat self.  Supplements are good for the last 10% of the journey but they don't take you the bulk of the way.  It's like saying a remote control IS the television. 

Investing in a food scale, counting calories, exercise, and time are the time tested ways to get leaner and healthier.  Every fit man or woman I've ever met whose had problems with weight in the past has these things in common, not drugs or supplements.

Offline Morticae

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2011, 10:52:21 AM »
Why don't you order from outside of Korea?

I bought this: http://ephedraoutlet.com/product/5-Ephedra-Ma-Huang-27mg/99-Schwartz-Pharmaceuticals-Green-Stinger-Diet-Pills-by-Schwartz-Pharmaceuticals-Green-Stingers-Extreme-Fat-Burners-120-Caps.html

It's pretty great, gives me a nice boost of energy and eliminates my appetite.

@mize11: I agree SOME diet drugs are a scam, but you can't classify every diet drug as a scam. That's ludicrous.

Offline chester

• Explorer
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2011, 01:41:27 PM »
3 meals a day/ limited western food/ no snacks/ a lot of water and don't eat after 10pm ...  I went from 93kg to 80 kg. 

It takes some discipline but it worked well for me. 

With a little bit of exercise everyone can be skinny like a Korean person!!!

gLuck

Discipline?
That word is somewhat foreign to us Westerners. So many of us are unwilling to deny ourselves pleasure and subject ourselves to discomfort, or in other words, to eat less and exercise. Popping a pill before eating your fried chicken is quick and easy, even if it's ultimately ineffective and risks serious adverse effects.

You offer excellent advice, but I don't think people who are looking for diet drugs are in a place where they'll take it to heart- they already know what they need to do, it's just very, very difficult to do it. Especially when it's 33 degrees and there's ice cream on every corner... I know I don't have the discipline for that kind of temptation!

Offline madison79

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2011, 05:50:26 PM »
I'm just going to put this out here.  All drugs have side effects.  Those fat burners have add products that might increase heart rate over time.  People have died taking these products and for the most part it's an unregulated area. 

Offline cdwyer07

• Explorer
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2011, 12:06:09 AM »
It's always nice to shed off those extra pounds and have a nice toned tummy ^_^  However I really think you should stay away from diet pills and just eat a balanced diet.  It's a little difficult here in South Korea since the food is different and we can't find what we used to eat back home, but it can be done.  I try to go to the gym 2 to 3 times (I have a trainer..so the work outs are pretty intense) a week and a session of hot yoga.  I've been going for a while and I never felt better.  I don't have that toned tummy yet, but I know I'll get there eventually.   I also have a friend who goes at least 8 times during the week, which also includes spinning classes.  She looks amazing now!

Another friend of mine used to see the oriental doctor to get some sort of special acupuncture done.  Maybe you could look into that?

good luck!  Taking any form of medication for a long time can shut your body down from time to time (I know this from experience), so take it easy... go to the gym, eat normally, and you'll get to your ideal weight. ^_^

Offline Morticae

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2011, 12:36:18 AM »
This thread isn't about your opinion of diet pills. If you want to discuss that, start a new one.

Offline Davey

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2011, 02:35:04 PM »
Yes, please stick to the topic.
------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html

Offline UKsimon

• Veteran
Whey protien with English instructions
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2011, 02:58:55 PM »
Does anyone know where I can pick up some whey protein?

I've seen some at my gym, but its very expensive. I haven't got the balls to ask where I can get some for less  :P

Offline dvorders

• Explorer
Re: Supplements in Korea
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2011, 12:32:08 PM »
I have used healthkoreaus multiple times and spent more than 150,000 KRW and there has been no problem.  The biggest problem I have had with them is that they can't check foreigner's ID numbers/passport numbers online so they have to call to confirm.  Also, you can get a boatload of free stuff every time you order in 100,000 KRW increments.  I have ordered over 300,000 KRW worth of stuff before for my friends and I and there was no extra charge or anything.

Recent Lesson Plans

Need help - 40 students in a class! by robbb3490
[Today at 12:17:49 PM]

Need some fresh reading and writing activities by Kurisuti
[Today at 12:16:09 PM]

6 Letter Words Game by nmoolman
[Today at 12:03:55 PM]

Song List for ESL by fl2sk
[Today at 11:32:04 AM]

Shuffle Cup "Bomb Game" by ChrisKorea
[Today at 10:59:54 AM]

Buy/Sell/Trade