Boy this isn't easy to write. I have had a very tumultuous year at said high school and am very excited to move on. Here is why you should not sign a contract with Hansol High School:
1. The top people have been described as "tyrants" by other Korean teachers.
2. Foreign teachers are not allowed anything that isn't in the contract. Anytime you leave the grounds, you have to sign out.
3.I was physically attacked by another teacher and the other teacher was not punished at all.
4. I was treated like a dog by my supervisor. She wouldn't speak to me to my face, it was underneath her. She would periodically send me nasty messages. She would occasionally notify me of important events and schedule changes at the very last minute. I don't know if she will be foreign supervisor next year but be forewarned.
5. The students are not responsible for their behavior in any way. Hansol High School is trying to rehabilitate their image. They want to attract better students and their selling point is that the students go unpunished at their schools.
6. Every class is with a co-teache, but the coteacher isn't allowed to punish the students, but they also dont teach. It is pure hell to be forced to teach an actual lesson while not having any authority to punish the petulant students.
7. When I tendered my resignation, I advised the leadership that they should suspend the foreign teacher program, but the principal is to proud to take rational advice.