September 19, 2014, 08:47:17 PM

Author Topic: Volunteering with the Pandas  (Read 613 times)

Offline honeymooners

• Veteran
Volunteering with the Pandas
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:33:41 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if any of you have volunteered with the pandas in China? We are going next week to volunteer for a couple of days and have been told we need to get a medical checkup done before we go. We contacted the doctor we usually use and he has said it will be 80000 won for both of us just to sign a letter confirming that we appear healthy. This seems a bit steep to us considering we usually pay around 10000 for a consultation if we're sicK. Has anyone had to have this done and if so how much was it?

Thanks for any advice,

Charlie

Offline dchrzano

• Veteran
Re: Volunteering with the Pandas
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 05:34:40 PM »
wow what a great idea to volunteer with Panda's. Where did you find out about this?
Maybe just go to another doctor and get a second opinion? Or you can just get a copy of your previous completed health check from your MOE.
De

Offline honeymooners

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 05:42:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply
We have our previous certificate but it was august and they say it's out of date. We are going to try another doctors this weekend.
We are going to the panda base outside of Chengdu haven't got the website with me but it is easy to find on an internet search.

Offline sheedi

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 07:13:08 PM »
If you go to a big hospital it can be that much I paid 75,000. My friend went to a different  hospital slightly smaller and paid 55,000. I am not sure if the small doctors office is sufficient, but check with them. They are usually cheaper.

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment