April 24, 2014, 03:56:27 AM

Author Topic: Michigan to Anseong! Any runners nearby!?  (Read 1203 times)

Offline TriKorea

• Veteran
Michigan to Anseong! Any runners nearby!?
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:51:33 PM »
Hi! Just moved to Anseong about a week ago!  :) This site is AWESOME! Thanks for all the great material.

I'm a runner and triathlete; come spring I'll be looking for people to cycle with! Are there any great running groups closer to here then the Seoul Flyers?!

Thanks!

www.iherb.com great place to get Gluten Free products, vitamins, and workout supplements shipped to the ROK for only $4... ******$5 off your first order with this code UPE657 ******

Living for Adventure!

Offline ovid

• Veteran
Re: Michigan to Anseong! Any runners nearby!?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 12:55:45 PM »
I think there are some marathons coming around spring that I am trying to get into. If you hear of any groups, I'd def. be up for that.

Offline TriKorea

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 01:19:49 PM »
Hey... the seoul flyers is a great run club for anyone in and around Seoul that likes running. Its 50,000w a year and they will let you know of all the upcoming races in Korea and register you for them. They also give discounts on a few of the races! www.seoulflyers.com or look for them on facebook!
www.iherb.com great place to get Gluten Free products, vitamins, and workout supplements shipped to the ROK for only $4... ******$5 off your first order with this code UPE657 ******

Living for Adventure!

Offline nardthefox

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 01:57:10 PM »
Well, I know we've got a race coming up in Chuncheon in April that can still be signed up for.
http://www.run1080.com/game/game_index.htm?code=482
You'll need a hand, as it's all in Korean and costs 20,000 to register for. If you get asked your shoe size, or it's 30,000, it's the wrong race!
Sunday, April 17 9:00am - 12:00pm

I'm a little shoddy on the details, as I have yet to register. Not sure how long it is, but it's a run not too far from either of us (I'm next to Inje in Gangwondo). Chuncheon should be no more than an hour or two by bus.

Are you UP or LP? I'm a Wisconsin kid, and I've been up north, but never across the bridge on Mackinaw Island to the southern half.

Offline TriKorea

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 02:16:09 PM »
I'm LP, but have been to the UP many time. (actually lived in TX for a few years too!)

I saw info about that race from the Flyers, I might do - the run club will sign me up so I can avoid the korean websites :) I'm doing the Adidas 1/2 marathon the weekend before it. I believe its called the MBC Adidas marathon. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=27779263110&v=app_2344061033 here is some of the upcoming races!!

Living for Adventure!

Offline mr sam teacher

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 02:27:59 PM »
I'm LP, but have been to the UP many time. (actually lived in TX for a few years too!)

I saw info about that race from the Flyers, I might do - the run club will sign me up so I can avoid the korean websites :) I'm doing the Adidas 1/2 marathon the weekend before it. I believe its called the MBC Adidas marathon. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=27779263110&v=app_2344061033 here is some of the upcoming races!!

Where from in the LP? I'm an old Ann Arborite here... I live in Incheon, which is a bit out of your way, but I've met tons of both Michigan people and runners here. I think there was even an international marathon in Seoul last weekend.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:16:42 PM by mr sam teacher »

Offline TriKorea

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 06:04:32 PM »
I'm from Novi, went to WMU.

Yes the Seoul Int Marathon was Sunday, I knew some people who did it, but I was not race ready.... at least not for a marathon yet!! One of the guys in my small town went to MSU and is from Northville. And I've met 3 people from uni in Seoul... small world!! :)

Living for Adventure!

Recent Lesson Plans

TeacherReady by Wintermute
[Yesterday at 10:02:07 PM]

American Sign Language: Alphabet by Aqvm
[Yesterday at 09:28:59 PM]

Connect Four by powelldr
[Yesterday at 09:06:58 PM]

3rd Grade MS Boys Being Disruptive, and an Ineffectual C/T by ESmith4
[Yesterday at 06:37:50 PM]

Super Easy Brainiac Game by drgenderpotato
[Yesterday at 06:25:42 PM]