October 23, 2014, 12:45:26 AM

Author Topic: PS3 players in Korea  (Read 48928 times)

Offline michelleh

• Adventurer
Re: PS3 players in Korea
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 09:55:14 PM »
Great thread topic. :)

I've been playing Heavy Rain, Infamous, both of the LittleBigPlanet games, both of the Uncharted games, Final Fantasy XIII, Borderlands (but haven't made much progress yet), and Batman: Arkham Asylum (LOVED this one... can't wait for Arkham City later this year).

I just bought Fallout 3 and Dead Space 2. Will get started on them once the new semester settles down and I have more time. And Metal Gear Solid is on my to buy list.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:54:23 PM by michelleh »

Offline bern

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 09:51:40 AM »
I was intrigued by heavy rain, I'm playing it at the moment and found I get really stressed when I make the wrong decision in the heat of the moment! It's definitely an interesting experience.

Arkham asylum and infamous were a lot of fun! Arkham City and infamous 2 are definitely on my list to watch out for!
Games for Young Learners : www.smalltalkesl.com

Offline dchang458

• Adventurer
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 10:01:12 AM »
Yeah Arkham Asylum was sick and the Arkham city looks equally awesome. For those of you playing Heavy Rain...if you are done with it and willing to sell it I would be happy to take  it off your hands :) I really want to play that game (btw I'm located in Daegu)

Also, feel free to add me. psn id: wickerman122
Lookin for people to play super street fighter4, killzone3, and LBP2.

Offline roscopecotrain

• Adventurer
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 10:13:28 AM »
I had to sell my PS3 to get over here, and reading all these lists is making me yearn for a nice TV and a shiny black box under it. My faves so far have been the Uncharted 1 & 2, Assassins Creed 2, GT5, Saints Row 2, Infamous, and dare i say it, Guitar Hero/Rock Band. I am mainly a PC player here, but with the next uncharted, infamous, heavy rain and others, I think I might have to bite the bullet and get me one!

Offline willis

• Explorer
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 10:30:08 AM »
I wish this was an Xbox360 thread!

I need some friends for Black Ops and Halo: Reach and Street Fighter IV.

Also, I'm on the fence with Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 because I'm afraid I won't have anyone to play it with and it will be too laggy to play online.

Recently I've been lamenting my Xbox choice.  Not because I'm unhappy with the system, just because I'm missing out on all the great exclusives for PS3.  Most of the PS3 exclusives are my favorite genre and/or franchises.  The only Xbox exclusives that seems even remotely relevant now are Halo and Gears of War.  And for those, I really could take it or leave it.

I was really happy to get FFXIII on Xbox last year, but it was a huge let-down for me.  I'm really unhappy that I have to miss The Last Guardian, God of War 3, Metal Gear solid 4 (i already played it though), Uncharted 2, and Final Fantasy Versus XIII (even though I think it will eventually come to Xbox).  Those exclusives are definitely worth owning a PS3.

On top of that, I'm missing all the EXCELLENT classic PSone games being released over PSN like Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, and Parasite Eve.  Uhhhh.  Yeah, I was really into that generation's RPGS :)

Maybe I'll pick up a NGP (PSP2) to play those classic PSone and Ps2 games on :/

Offline michelleh

• Adventurer
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 12:03:12 PM »
I was intrigued by heavy rain, I'm playing it at the moment and found I get really stressed when I make the wrong decision in the heat of the moment! It's definitely an interesting experience.

Arkham asylum and infamous were a lot of fun! Arkham City and infamous 2 are definitely on my list to watch out for!

I know exactly what you mean about Heavy Rain. I've played it through twice already, once as well as I could, and then as terribly as I could, but having to sit back and NOT try to complete a task was a bit difficult for me.

Oh, Infamous 2... I forgot about that. Really looking forward to that one too. I've nearly finished Infamous, but it was a bit demoralising to recently find out that I still have 80 shards to find. >.<

Offline michelleh

• Adventurer
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 12:05:14 PM »
Yeah Arkham Asylum was sick and the Arkham city looks equally awesome. For those of you playing Heavy Rain...if you are done with it and willing to sell it I would be happy to take  it off your hands :) I really want to play that game (btw I'm located in Daegu)

Also, feel free to add me. psn id: wickerman122
Lookin for people to play super street fighter4, killzone3, and LBP2.

Could definitely play some LBP2 at some stage.

Also, off topic but great username (my favourite film ever). :)

Offline noky

• Adventurer
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 12:11:52 PM »
PSN: iamnoky

I play SSF4, MvC3, and soon Demon's Souls online.

As for MvC3 lag, it's bad when you play US people but I haven't had huge problems with JP and SK players.

Offline bern

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 10:39:38 AM »
@jdniii how long did you Mass Effect 2 download take? I'm torn between starting it or going out to find a disc today...

Offline Graumpot

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 06:11:34 PM »
@bern

I'm going to download Mass Effect 2 tonight. If you haven't got it already I will let you know how long it takes.

PSN: Auroch_3

Offline dchang458

• Adventurer
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 08:01:17 PM »
Has anyone bought the Korean versions of either Little Big Planet 2 or Killzone 3? I'm wondering if they are playable in English. Most games are but ever since I was burned by God of War 3 I've been a little gun shy.

Offline marescja

• Adventurer
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2011, 11:47:47 PM »
Actually just finished the story mode of LBP 2.  Korean LBP 1 and 2 have English, though there's lots of lag playing it online.  USA DLC (the ones I downloaded anyway) work for the Korean version, but I wasn't able to transfer my items from my USA LBP 1 save.

Have Been playing SSF4, Gundam Senki, and Demon's Souls (korean ver) as well.

Anyone else interested in the new atlus puzzle game, Catherine?

PSN ID: Mendicious

Offline iMissSalt

• Explorer
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 09:21:52 AM »
@ Dchang458    I just bought Killzone 3 and it was the international disc. Choose a language. The graphics are enchanting, but the story is a little dry. The multiplayer is super tough in Asian lobbies. North American lobbies are a little easier.

PSN ID: Timalthus-Mahnsc           always lookin for a waygook game

Offline bern

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 09:35:39 AM »
Started my download of Mass Effect 2 yesterday morning and it was 89% when I woke up this morning! It's a slow one, hope it's worth it, will get stuck in tonight.

Offline jeromeyc

• Explorer
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 09:40:22 AM »
When I bought DLC for uncharted 2 and Borderlands before they were not recognized by my Korean discs.

Be careful to check the region code, usually a BLS 394895 type of number. I know in the PSN store they have text at the bottom of every dlc page with the region disc code the dlc is compatible with.

And yes LBP2 is quite laggy online. I have a friend here who registered his psn account with the Korean psn and he doesn't have nearly as many problems with lag as I do.

I'm in Seoul and I buy my games from Gangbyeon technomart. There is this one vendor there on the 8th floor that actually let's me test the games to see if they are in English when you set your system language to English.

Offline dchang458

• Adventurer
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
@marescja
Thanks for the heads up! And yeah I am interested in Catherine; especially in the way  it views sexuality in terms of long-term commitment. It's an untapped and very mature subject matter for a game.
@jeromeyc
I wonder how difficult it is to make a Korean psn? Did your friend link his current ID to the Korean PSN or did he make an entirely new one?
@kfunk
Thanks! I still have yet to buy Killzone 3 as I'm a little worried now about lag issues. How is the network performance in multiplayer? I'm not really interested in the singleplayer.

Offline iMissSalt

• Explorer
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2011, 09:50:25 AM »
@Dchang458  I have had no issues with lag. Its just a little tough to get used to the controls since Im used to playing call of duty

Offline Graumpot

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2011, 11:44:56 AM »
Started my download of Mass Effect 2 yesterday morning and it was 89% when I woke up this morning! It's a slow one, hope it's worth it, will get stuck in tonight.

I started at 5 the previous evening and it was done by this morning. So maybe I was lucky to just have a slightly faster connection.

And yes LBP2 is quite laggy online. I have a friend here who registered his psn account with the Korean psn and he doesn't have nearly as many problems with lag as I do.

I would also love to know how he did that. I thought it was impossible unless you are a Korean citizen or a Korean friend lest you use their details.

I was burnt by a korean language game a few months back. I find most disks will tell you on the back if the Language is in English. You need to look for the disk sign and after a colon it will say English or Hangul (In korean of course). I don't know that much Korean but I can recognise these.

Offline dabrownbandit

• Adventurer
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 12:34:09 PM »
Hey I brought my PS3 with me as well, but i didnt buy a power converter yet. One of my buddies living hear already said he uses a Korean Power cable and it works fine, does anyone else have any experience with this? Also my DS wont charge here as well, again would anyone know the reason for that

Offline iMissSalt

• Explorer
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2011, 12:40:52 PM »
@ dabrownbandit
I bought a cheap converter for 15,000 at a hobby store. It sits loose in the socket, but I've had no troubles (yet)

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment