April 25, 2014, 02:33:26 AM

Author Topic: PS3 players in Korea  (Read 42724 times)

Offline mishell

• Explorer
Re: PS3 players in Korea
« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2011, 01:30:36 AM »
anyone down to play Winning Eleven or NBA 2k11?

Offline moogle

• Adventurer
« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2011, 02:39:57 AM »
i was going to say, i thought dlc/welcome back stuff was tied to your psn account not where your current location was.

also, where are some of you located? i'm in daejeon and we don't really have any video game stores....at least that i've seen. so that means no where to ask about LA Noire =(

I live in Daejeon, and occasionally I go to the Rodeo town store near city hall. There is a video game shop inside the building on the third floor. I recently bought Portal 2 from there, but I haven't been able to play it! I want to activate it on steam to play, but it looks like I will have to wait for PSN Japan to get their stuff together. Super bummed.

Offline justinviens

• Waygookin
« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2011, 11:20:28 AM »
I signed up for PS Network in December, managed to download a few games from the US Network with no problem...but for the last few months I haven't been able to access it. It just keeps telling me connection has been timed out...did anyone else have this problem before the PSN shut down?

Offline NMonk

• Veteran
« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2011, 11:36:45 AM »
Is anyone else upset with Sony for the complete lack of information and updates throughout this whole PSN saga? They've told us nothing. I can't find any detailed information anywhere on why we are not back up yet (other than something to do with the Japan government) and when we can expect to be. It's a shame PS3 is SO much better than Xbox games wise or I'd be moving :(
Check out http://alienteachers.com for my blog, FREE lesson plans featured by the British Council and general living in Korea resources.

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2011, 11:53:05 AM »
Is anyone else upset with Sony for the complete lack of information and updates throughout this whole PSN saga? They've told us nothing. I can't find any detailed information anywhere on why we are not back up yet (other than something to do with the Japan government) and when we can expect to be. It's a shame PS3 is SO much better than Xbox games wise or I'd be moving :(

That has made me so angry. I have to google or follow leads from other people to find out information. Yes, they are owning the game market now, but this is something somewhat new. Xbox was owning the market because of the early launch and low Blue ray rate. It's the same thing as PS2 vs. Xbox. PS2 was owning and Xbox came back and dominated. The early launch seems to get the early market, but the system with the better hardware is winning out in the long run.

It's funny how PS2 launched first and then Xbox came out. Years later Xbox 360 launched first and PS3 came in later. It's the exact opposite story. Xbox 360 disappointed me with the shotty building. It could destroy itself with no issues, overheat in a few minutes, destroy a disc if moved, etc. I like both systems, but I am staying with the PS3 even with the issues, but that is just my personal choice.

L.A. Noire needs to get here NOW!
“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.” -Goethe

Offline Mr.TDE

• Explorer
« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »
Anyone having problems logging into the PS network to reset your passwords etc after the new update. I use the North American network here in Korea and I try to log in after the update and change info but it still says under maintenance. Anyone else in the same boat?

Offline machina1985

• Explorer
« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2011, 01:24:13 PM »
Yeah having exactly the same problem, but with a UK/European servers. I need to log in so I can resync my account (I just restored my new UK ps3 with my user account and saves from my old UK ps3). Anyone know when we'll be able to log in over here?

Savre

« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2011, 01:34:05 PM »
Anyone having problems logging into the PS network to reset your passwords etc after the new update. I use the North American network here in Korea and I try to log in after the update and change info but it still says under maintenance. Anyone else in the same boat?

Doesnt matter what region your account is we still use the PSN ASIA servers to connect to the PSN network. We won't be up until May 31st according to the buzz online. Asian PSN usersares mad as fukk xD

Offline Endoas

• Adventurer
« Reply #228 on: May 19, 2011, 02:27:24 PM »

Same boat.  I'm getting the the NA top headlines like the download 2 free games offer but can't log in just yet.

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2011, 03:29:11 PM »
I just saw a video about Infamous 2. Is anyone else as exited? LA Noire is here soon and then Infamous 2? There goes 120,000 won lol.

“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.” -Goethe

Offline hojuliam

• Explorer
« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2011, 03:32:56 PM »
haha i am so out of touch, i am still playing street fighter 4....

Offline paladin777

• Veteran
« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2011, 06:16:44 PM »
look at sites like Kotaku and IGN. They gave me more than enough information about the PSN. Hope this helps

Offline koreanlostinkorea

• Adventurer
« Reply #232 on: May 19, 2011, 06:20:25 PM »
haha i am so out of touch, i am still playing street fighter 4....

oh dude you should totatlly import mortal kombat! SFIV is great but MK9 is soooo much fun!

also about the info on PSN i'm assuming you mean like technical information about the attacks? well it doesn't surprise me that a lot of that information has not been released to the public especially since government agencies got involved. however, if you mean more general info about the status and what not there are several websites you can visit that usually have pretty pertinent info to what things are going on/games in general.

sites like
giantbomb.com (my favorite, they also have a good video of the first 40 min of LA Noire -minor spoilers of course)
kotaku.com
ign.com
joystiq.com
blog.us.playstation.com

all of those sites update pretty fast when new info releases about PSN however, all of those sites are US based so there is the time difference you have to wait for as well.

• Adventurer
« Reply #233 on: May 19, 2011, 06:22:29 PM »
I just saw a video about Infamous 2. Is anyone else as exited? LA Noire is here soon and then Infamous 2? There goes 120,000 won lol.

HECK YES I AM EXCITED FOR INFAMOUS 2!! do you know the international/korean release date for it/do you know if they're releasing the collector's edition here????

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #234 on: May 20, 2011, 11:38:05 AM »

• Adventurer
« Reply #235 on: May 20, 2011, 12:14:56 PM »
Infamous 2 should be out around June 7th.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/19-71-bm-49-en-15-%22Infamous%202%22.html

well...that is completely sexy. is the hero edition coming out here as well?

Offline NMonk

• Veteran
« Reply #236 on: May 20, 2011, 12:28:23 PM »
Check out http://alienteachers.com for my blog, FREE lesson plans featured by the British Council and general living in Korea resources.

Savre

« Reply #237 on: May 20, 2011, 01:37:53 PM »
looks like we should be thankful to the Japanese government.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/playstation-network-hacked-again-this-time-via-password-reset-system-50003806/

This happened a few days ago but I have read two different scenarios regarding this: a) that it was false rumour spread to further ridicule Sony  and b) that Sony were informed and fixed the loophole already.

But if people still need a reason to be angry with Sony then maybe this will be enough to stir their pot.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/19/rockstar-games-and-sony-joint-statement-on-l-a-noire/

Offline NMonk

• Veteran
« Reply #238 on: May 20, 2011, 01:43:03 PM »
looks like we should be thankful to the Japanese government.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/playstation-network-hacked-again-this-time-via-password-reset-system-50003806/

This happened a few days ago but I have read two different scenarios regarding this: a) that it was false rumour spread to further ridicule Sony  and b) that Sony were informed and fixed the loophole already.

But if people still need a reason to be angry with Sony then maybe this will be enough to stir their pot.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/19/rockstar-games-and-sony-joint-statement-on-l-a-noire/

Ye I read this too, although apparently it's also happening on xboxs.

Offline bern

• Veteran
« Reply #239 on: May 20, 2011, 02:37:26 PM »
What are the chances my store wasn't bs'ing me and I can pick up LA Noire on the way home?

I've pretty much planned my weekend around it.  :D
Games for Young Learners : www.smalltalkesl.com

Recent Lesson Plans

She's sick by Denevius
[Today at 12:44:15 AM]

3rd Grade MS Boys Being Disruptive, and an Ineffectual C/T by Clare Hartwieg
[Yesterday at 10:53:51 PM]

Middle School Students Don't Like Anything by Denevius
[Yesterday at 06:47:27 PM]

Spot it template by ktrzm
[Yesterday at 06:21:53 PM]

Cha Cha Slide Dance lesson by lianney