July 27, 2014, 12:09:19 AM

Author Topic: PS3 players in Korea  (Read 44462 times)

Offline NMonk

• Veteran
Re: PS3 players in Korea
« Reply #240 on: May 20, 2011, 02:40:57 PM »
Mate I would wait, apparently its ****** up everyones consoles, overeating them and stuff. Google it.
Check out http://alienteachers.com for my blog, FREE lesson plans featured by the British Council and general living in Korea resources.

Offline bern

• Veteran
« Reply #241 on: May 20, 2011, 02:42:48 PM »
Yeah, not too worried, they'll patch it pretty quick.

How are you finding dead space 2?
Games for Young Learners : www.smalltalkesl.com

Offline koreanlostinkorea

• Adventurer
« Reply #242 on: May 20, 2011, 04:31:38 PM »

i hate to but in, but dead space 2 is a really awesome game, even if you've never played the first one...just awesome.

Offline bern

• Veteran
« Reply #243 on: May 20, 2011, 04:34:15 PM »
Haha, I just sold my copy to him.  ;)  too scary for me.... actually I was done with it, good fun though!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 04:36:11 PM by bern »

Offline jdniii

• Veteran
« Reply #244 on: May 20, 2011, 04:45:03 PM »
I pre-ordered my copy of LA Noire at Kyobo Books.  They gave me a call yesterday and I picked it up. So far so good.

Offline NMonk

• Veteran
« Reply #245 on: May 20, 2011, 04:47:18 PM »

I'm embarrassed to say I havn't started it yet, i'm working my way through resistance 1 and 2 which my brother just sent me from the U.K. I can't wait to play it but I want to wait til I've got a few days to just sit in a dark room by myself with a delivery menu, a fridge full of beer and nothing to do and nail it!!!
Check out http://alienteachers.com for my blog, FREE lesson plans featured by the British Council and general living in Korea resources.

Offline bern

• Veteran
« Reply #246 on: May 20, 2011, 04:54:27 PM »
Ahh sweet, it's supposed to be raining still tomorrow, I'm planning to get stuck into some PS3 and Domino's.

I never played resistance but I remember there being some controversy when it was released about shooting aliens in Manchester cathedral!!

Offline MattPierce

• Adventurer
« Reply #247 on: May 20, 2011, 04:55:16 PM »
when is online going to be up for us anyways?

• Adventurer
« Reply #248 on: May 20, 2011, 05:15:25 PM »
hopefully soon.

ah resistance, okay games...did not like the way 2 ended...but maybe thats me. i am however excited for 3

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #249 on: May 20, 2011, 05:35:01 PM »
Resistance 1 and 2 are great games, but it is hard for me to go back an play them. They feel really clunky after playing more recent first person shooters. They are definitely good picks though.

Does anyone have Dead Space 2 for sale or trade? I heard a lot about it, but I have never played it.
“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.” -Goethe

• Adventurer
« Reply #250 on: May 20, 2011, 05:39:04 PM »
Resistance 1 and 2 are great games, but it is hard for me to go back an play them. They feel really clunky after playing more recent first person shooters. They are definitely good picks though.

Does anyone have Dead Space 2 for sale or trade? I heard a lot about it, but I have never played it.

exactly how i feel about those games. they're good they just don't "feel" right...kinda like killzone 2...that game felt very lose with the controls. i do need to play kz 3 though...

hmm they have dead space 2 here. i've seen it in a few shops around daejeon, so i'm sure you have it near where ever you are

Offline bisp13

• Adventurer
« Reply #251 on: May 20, 2011, 05:46:39 PM »
This might be a dumb question but, does anyone know if we will be able to download 2 games for free in Korea (like in the US) when psn comes back up?  If so does anyone know what the choices will be?

Savre

« Reply #252 on: May 20, 2011, 06:17:59 PM »
This might be a dumb question but, does anyone know if we will be able to download 2 games for free in Korea (like in the US) when psn comes back up?  If so does anyone know what the choices will be?

Yes. I'm not sure about US but EU will get.

- Infamous
- LBP
- Dead Nation
- Rachet and Clank: Quest for Booty
- Wipeout HD/Fury

I say May 31st for Asian PSN to come back up but who knows really. Could be never, could be forever..... '-_-

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #253 on: May 20, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »

exactly how i feel about those games. they're good they just don't "feel" right...kinda like killzone 2...that game felt very lose with the controls. i do need to play kz 3 though...

hmm they have dead space 2 here. i've seen it in a few shops around daejeon, so i'm sure you have it near where ever you are

I know I can get it in Korea, but I was wondering if anyone has it sitting around and wants to sell/trade. It is cheaper for us and keeps games from just sitting. I already have Killzone 2+3, Dragon Age 1+2, Demons Souls, NHL 11, GT5, Mass Effect 2, Black Ops, Red Dead Redemption, and I have LA Noire on the way. There's no point in me buying it new from a store lol. Besides, Infamous 2 comes out soon lol.
“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.” -Goethe

Offline NMonk

• Veteran
« Reply #254 on: May 20, 2011, 09:20:57 PM »

I know I can get it in Korea, but I was wondering if anyone has it sitting around and wants to sell/trade. It is cheaper for us and keeps games from just sitting. I already have Killzone 2+3, Dragon Age 1+2, Demons Souls, NHL 11, GT5, Mass Effect 2, Black Ops, Red Dead Redemption, and I have LA Noire on the way. There's no point in me buying it new from a store lol. Besides, Infamous 2 comes out soon lol.

Damien check out this fb group, me and friends have bought/sold/traded/lent a lot of games though it. https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_201877853179001&ap=1

Offline zap451

• Explorer
« Reply #255 on: May 21, 2011, 12:35:01 PM »
I have God of War 3, Bioshock 2, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Infamous, Red Dead Redemption, Final Fantasy XIII, Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, Silent Hill: Homecoming, Dark Sector, Heavy Rain, Fracture.

Offline bern

• Veteran
« Reply #256 on: May 21, 2011, 12:45:50 PM »
Living dangerously with my new copy of LA Noire, no problems so far and really enjoying it.

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #257 on: May 22, 2011, 10:04:10 AM »
So is LA Noire panning out to be a win? I hear overall good reviews, but you know how some people are. It has a flaw or doesn't live up to something and people talk about it like it's trash. I hope it isn't like Mafia 2 though. That took me like 8 hours and felt very dated imo.

Offline bern

• Veteran
« Reply #258 on: May 22, 2011, 05:09:04 PM »
LA Noire

It's fun, it's different and it can be pretty frustrating at times during interview sequences. I'm enjoying it a lot so far. It reminds me of heavy rain in the way that you can always progress you'll just kick yourself for some of the decisions you make when interviewing suspects.

In terms of the way it looks the facial expressions are great but that's the highlight. Ive played games with way better graphics, fabric, hair, environment textures etc it just looks strange when you have these characters with great expressive faces and really flat looking hair and clothes, apart from the faces I find the body motions really jerky looking and weird too.

I'd say it's a step in a fun and interesting direction and there are some cool action sequences. It can be pretty linear and repetitive but it's not boring. I've played about 6 hours and I'm almost halfway through the main story.

Overall, I like it and the gameplay is really cool but I wouldn't say it's up there with my favorite games. Anyone else playing it yet?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 05:12:59 PM by bern »

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #259 on: May 23, 2011, 01:11:48 PM »
LA Noire

It's fun, it's different and it can be pretty frustrating at times during interview sequences. I'm enjoying it a lot so far. It reminds me of heavy rain in the way that you can always progress you'll just kick yourself for some of the decisions you make when interviewing suspects.

In terms of the way it looks the facial expressions are great but that's the highlight. Ive played games with way better graphics, fabric, hair, environment textures etc it just looks strange when you have these characters with great expressive faces and really flat looking hair and clothes, apart from the faces I find the body motions really jerky looking and weird too.

I'd say it's a step in a fun and interesting direction and there are some cool action sequences. It can be pretty linear and repetitive but it's not boring. I've played about 6 hours and I'm almost halfway through the main story.

Overall, I like it and the gameplay is really cool but I wouldn't say it's up there with my favorite games. Anyone else playing it yet?

I don't have it yet. I had store credit and a coupon to playasia, so I ordered it from there. It only cost me like 25,000 won lol. They messed my order up once and gave me the store credit. The coupon I had was going to expire, so I figured I best use it. But now I am stuck waiting lol.

I heard some of the mixed reviews on it, but it seems overall to be good. It is the first real implementation of the facial technology in a game, that I know of. There are bound to be issues. I still like the idea and for 25,000 won, you can't really go wrong lol. I just want it to get here! AHHHH! I had nothing to do on Saturday and was like, well this sucks. I dove into my Fallout New Vegas game and got hooked again. I missed SO many things the first time.

Recent Lesson Plans

Picture/Writing Game! by toddsqui
[Yesterday at 03:17:19 PM]

Pre-Interview task help by moh12
[Yesterday at 06:06:40 AM]

Social Media in the Korean Classroom by toddsqui
[Yesterday at 03:46:54 AM]

mentos and coke help by kimjones
[Yesterday at 02:31:07 AM]

Camp Cooking - Recipes and Teaching Materials by samhuxley89
[Yesterday at 01:27:00 AM]

Buy/Sell/Trade