July 29, 2014, 01:33:54 PM

Author Topic: PS3 players in Korea  (Read 44503 times)

Offline koreanlostinkorea

• Adventurer
Re: PS3 players in Korea
« Reply #280 on: May 25, 2011, 05:57:35 PM »
Yup been playing LA Noire for a week.\ now.

Anyone playing Portal 2? I've never played Portal but I watched a video of it and I've got to admit I'm intrigued...

Yes, i am playing through portal 2 right now...it's really great i would say a lot better than the first...but since you never played that one the point would be moot.

basically if you're kinda tired of fps but like the first person perspective you might enjoy portal. also being a fan of puzzle games and quirky humor are a must as well to really enjoy the portal games.

i would highly recommend a purchase, the humor in portal 2 is worth the price alone in my opinion.

Offline Graumpot

• Veteran
« Reply #281 on: May 25, 2011, 06:17:33 PM »
Ok. So I am from South Africa and want to get some PSN points. Can I use a foreign PSN card (Japan or US) to load points onto my South African account??

I want to maybe look at getting DCU online so I need the points for the monthly subscription...

I think your best bet is get a buddy to buy the card for you at home. I'm from SA too. Its a bit tough to use the PSN without a credit card.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 06:24:23 PM by Graumpot »

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2011, 06:59:59 PM »
LA Noire is still not here yet. I am sad  :(

Yes it is picked up copy at the Shindorim Techno Mart last week.

I didn't say it hasn't come out yet. It isn't HERE yet. I ordered it online, because I had a $30 off coupon for it. It's not here yet  :(
“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.” -Goethe

Offline Endoas

• Adventurer
« Reply #283 on: May 27, 2011, 03:54:19 PM »
May 31st is 4 days away (5 maybe if you include the time shift).  Any reason NOT to believe that the online service will resume in Korea at that time?

Offline paladin777

• Veteran
« Reply #284 on: May 27, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »
Thanks for your advice with regards to my previous question.

I got another now. Are there any cool game (ps3 games) shops in Seoul that are cool? Maybe in Itaewon?

Thanks

Savre

« Reply #285 on: May 27, 2011, 04:17:57 PM »
May 31st is 4 days away (5 maybe if you include the time shift).  Any reason NOT to believe that the online service will resume in Korea at that time?

YES. But I don't know what that reason is. I believe one exists somewhere in the ether of the universe.

If PSN Asia is not back up I shutter to think what I will do to my PS3.... :-\

Offline bern

• Veteran
« Reply #286 on: May 27, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »
Yup been playing LA Noire for a week.\ now.

Anyone playing Portal 2? I've never played Portal but I watched a video of it and I've got to admit I'm intrigued...

Yes, i am playing through portal 2 right now...it's really great i would say a lot better than the first...but since you never played that one the point would be moot.

basically if you're kinda tired of fps but like the first person perspective you might enjoy portal. also being a fan of puzzle games and quirky humor are a must as well to really enjoy the portal games.

i would highly recommend a purchase, the humor in portal 2 is worth the price alone in my opinion.

Yeah, I picked it up yesterday actually. It's hilarious, especially Steve Merchant doing the voice of the robot ~ brilliant. I've got to say I'm not huge into FPS but this is genius as a puzzle game. We should try some co-op when the PSN gets its ass into gear.
Games for Young Learners : www.smalltalkesl.com

Offline Endoas

• Adventurer
« Reply #287 on: May 27, 2011, 04:36:30 PM »

YES. But I don't know what that reason is. I believe one exists somewhere in the ether of the universe.

If Sony screws us by not getting PSN Asia back up before we get to download our 2 free games I know what I'd do...  >:(

Offline NMonk

• Veteran
« Reply #288 on: May 27, 2011, 04:51:47 PM »

If Sony screws us by not getting PSN Asia back up before we get to download our 2 free games I know what I'd do...  >:(

To be honest if I could swap my PS3 and all its games for an XBox 360 with the same games  I would do it, even if they switch PSN back on tomorrow. I think the way they've treated us it nothing short of disgusting. Not a single announcement about why this is happening to Asia. Everything on the internet is speculation. I even got my girlfriend to search in Korean, nothing!
Check out http://alienteachers.com for my blog, FREE lesson plans featured by the British Council and general living in Korea resources.

Offline marescja

• Adventurer
« Reply #289 on: May 27, 2011, 05:00:07 PM »
Are there any cool game (ps3 games) shops in Seoul that are cool? Maybe in Itaewon?

I've heard of a store called GameStop in Seoul.  Not an official one of course.  It's located near the Osan Military Base.  I have not visited this store myself, but they supposedly sell US versions of games.  These are supposed to be the store's phone numbers and operating hours.

Phone Number: 031-663-6898
Cell number: 010-5198-1264

11AM - 8PM
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 05:02:30 PM by marescja »

Savre

« Reply #290 on: May 27, 2011, 05:31:17 PM »
Are there any cool game (ps3 games) shops in Seoul that are cool? Maybe in Itaewon?

I've heard of a store called GameStop in Seoul.  Not an official one of course.  It's located near the Osan Military Base.  I have not visited this store myself, but they supposedly sell US versions of games.  These are supposed to be the store's phone numbers and operating hours.

Phone Number: 031-663-6898
Cell number: 010-5198-1264

11AM - 8PM

Does anyone know where I can get PAL games from? Even suggest a good internet site. I used to buy off Mighty Ape a New Zealand store but they don't do international tracking and have bad customer service imo.

Offline koreanlostinkorea

• Adventurer
« Reply #291 on: May 28, 2011, 12:10:10 AM »
NEW NEWS REGARDING PSN ASIA BEING REINSTATED

idk if any of you guys have seen this but i just came across this article on kotaku.com

http://kotaku.com/5806167/psn-returning-to-japan-tomorrow

basically it says that PSN in most of asia will be up tomorrow...except for...

...wait for it...

South Korea and Hong Kong!

haha isn't that just great? TT

Offline janicesamsun

• Adventurer
« Reply #292 on: May 28, 2011, 10:16:02 PM »
^

Looks like we just can't get a break.  Pretty glad I didn't buy MAG a month ago.

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #293 on: May 29, 2011, 04:22:03 AM »
Finally got LA Noire! I was leaving school and said goodbye to the staff and it showed up as I left. How lucky! I have to balance my time between LA and Dead Space 2. I play LA Noire during the light hours and Dead Space 2 in the pitch black. . .ok, I lied. I only did it for about 30 minutes and then turned the light on. Thanks for the borrow Michelleh.

To be honest if I could swap my PS3 and all its games for an XBox 360 with the same games  I would do it, even if they switch PSN back on tomorrow. I think the way they've treated us it nothing short of disgusting. Not a single announcement about why this is happening to Asia. Everything on the internet is speculation. I even got my girlfriend to search in Korean, nothing!

What would I do with my 45 Blu rays? Build a fort? . . .wait. . .that does sound like fun. . .Blu ray/DVD fort anyone? I'm not happy with the PSN issue, but it hasn't hindered me enough to swap to a Xbox 360. The 1-2 year span of total s**t quality Xbox 360s put a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't even play much online. I'm just mad I can't get the bonus DLC I got with my games.

Besides, the quality of Xbox live is trash atm vs. American servers and I don't feel like paying jack for a 56k-quality speed game.
“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.” -Goethe

Offline Makku

• Explorer
« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2011, 06:08:26 PM »
Surely if the Japan psn is back up we can't be far away. Hopefully it will be fixed by next Monday. I'm playing through fallout 3 again which is getting old, fast.

Savre

« Reply #295 on: May 30, 2011, 07:23:58 PM »
Finally got LA Noire! I was leaving school and said goodbye to the staff and it showed up as I left. How lucky! I have to balance my time between LA and Dead Space 2. I play LA Noire during the light hours and Dead Space 2 in the pitch black. . .ok, I lied. I only did it for about 30 minutes and then turned the light on. Thanks for the borrow Michelleh.

What would I do with my 45 Blu rays? Build a fort? . . .wait. . .that does sound like fun. . .Blu ray/DVD fort anyone? I'm not happy with the PSN issue, but it hasn't hindered me enough to swap to a Xbox 360. The 1-2 year span of total s**t quality Xbox 360s put a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't even play much online. I'm just mad I can't get the bonus DLC I got with my games.

Besides, the quality of Xbox live is trash atm vs. American servers and I don't feel like paying jack for a 56k-quality speed game.

DUDE! I know! WTF is with this. I have xbox and been playing online since PSN went down but it feels like a waste of time when you have red ping. But why must I connect to laggy mofos?

Hanging out for PSN. I just want to play one round of MGO :(

Offline moogle

• Adventurer
« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2011, 09:35:44 PM »

DUDE! I know! WTF is with this. I have xbox and been playing online since PSN went down but it feels like a waste of time when you have red ping. But why must I connect to laggy mofos?

!!! you play MGO!? I've been wanting to play metal gear online again, but this time I want to make a korean PSN. If you play MGO on a korean PSN do you get to play with the japanese players?

Savre

« Reply #297 on: May 30, 2011, 10:00:25 PM »

!!! you play MGO!? I've been wanting to play metal gear online again, but this time I want to make a korean PSN. If you play MGO on a korean PSN do you get to play with the japanese players?

MGO!!!!

Nah dude you need Japanese MGO disc.Good thing for you that the Korean version of MGS4 is Japan server so just get a copy of that. It is really cheap but there is a trick to making a Japanese MGO account so that it is all in English.

I have Japan MGO and EU MGO. Each account has its own character so you will have to start again if you make a Japanese account. You will also have to buy the expansions again as well if you want to play survival. But its all quite easy to do.

When or if you make a Japanese account let me know and I'll PM you on how to make a JPN ACC without going through the hassle of it being in Japanese.

Also...Waygooks can't make Korean PSNs without a Korean Citizen Number. Maybe if you have a GF who is Korean you can make one and be like one of the only Waygooks in the world to have one. I want one for my DLC codes and the Korean PS3 TV App among all the other thing

C'mon PSn.....c'mon.... :'(

Offline moogle

• Adventurer
« Reply #298 on: May 30, 2011, 10:08:40 PM »

MGO!!!!

Nah dude you need Japanese MGO disc.Good thing for you that the Korean version of MGS4 is Japan server so just get a copy of that. It is really cheap but there is a trick to making a Japanese MGO account so that it is all in English.

I have Japan MGO and EU MGO. Each account has its own character so you will have to start again if you make a Japanese account. You will also have to buy the expansions again as well if you want to play survival. But its all quite easy to do.

When or if you make a Japanese account let me know and I'll PM you on how to make a JPN ACC without going through the hassle of it being in Japanese.

Also...Waygooks can't make Korean PSNs without a Korean Citizen Number. Maybe if you have a GF who is Korean you can make one and be like one of the only Waygooks in the world to have one. I want one for my DLC codes and the Korean PS3 TV App among all the other thing

C'mon PSn.....c'mon.... :'(

OMGOMG! I'm so buying the Korean MGS4 then hehe. Yeah I have a girlfriend who can make me a korean PSN. I used to play a lot back in the States and got actually pretty good. Dunno how I am now though since I've stopped playing for like 2 years. Anyways, once PSN comes back up we should play! I will hit you up private message or just here on this thread ^__^!

Offline Endoas

• Adventurer
« Reply #299 on: May 31, 2011, 04:30:52 PM »
From the PSN blog earlier...

Tokyo, May 31, 2011 – Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) announced today that Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will fully restore all PlayStation®Network services in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories and Asia, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea by the end of this week. The company will also resume Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ for PlayStation®3 (PS3®), PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), VAIO and other PCs. Details for Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea as well as the remaining services on Qriocity will be announced as they become available...

I wish I could say I'm shocked but most of us expected this... >:(

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment