October 26, 2014, 08:08:21 AM

Author Topic: PS3 players in Korea  (Read 49185 times)

Savre

Re: PS3 players in Korea
« Reply #360 on: June 17, 2011, 07:24:08 PM »
I've been playing Winning Eleven 2011 but the online mode sucks! keeps loosing connection, MW2 and Black ops have been good to ma, Alos if you haven't already try Red Faction, very entertaining game.

Has anyone played L.A Noir yet?

I'm LOVING L.A. Noir right now. I've read alot about other people having trouble getting into it, but for me it's just a great match. I think it's got a great blend of deduction and action. It's not crazy open world like GTA or RDR, but it's pretty awesome nonetheless. Don't expect it to be like those two games and you won't be disappointed. To clarify, I mean it's just different, it's every bit as good as GTA IV was and better than RDR, in my opinion.

I would rank 1) RDR 2) LA Noire 3) GTA IV. I got hard-core into RDR and I couldn't put it down. It had everything you could want really.

It really did have everything. My biggest wish is that they make a Ghost Rider DLC with Marvel for it. It would be a thing of greatness.

I guess I'm one of those who was a little disappointed with LA Noire. I just can't get into it and I found it a little slow. But I see myself playing it more when I get home and have some free time and my friend Mary-Jane to keep me company. xD

Offline charliepacific27

• Adventurer
« Reply #361 on: June 20, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »
I didn't mean to imply that I didn't like RDR, I loved it. I just thought the horses were kinda slow. I loved the gunplay. I think if I had to pick a fave it'd be GTA IV out of the three...but LA Noire is so solid, and the gunfights feel like rewards after doing all the investigations :). The story rocks too. Can't say enough about it I guess. I do wonder if it'll pull a huge dramatic ending like RDR did though. That was epic.

Offline khoidaman

• Explorer
« Reply #362 on: June 20, 2011, 03:42:56 PM »
I say wait for the metal gear solid HD collection to come on PSN.  That and the zone of the enders HD collectin.

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • The Legend
« Reply #363 on: June 25, 2011, 06:03:05 PM »
my parents are visiting next month with a brand new canadian ps3 for me  :D

where can i buy a korean power cord? i'm having trouble with g-market. is there a place in daejeon i can grab one easily?

thanks!
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #364 on: June 25, 2011, 09:08:14 PM »
Anyone up for some Black ops, KZ3, or RDR?

where can i buy a korean power cord? i'm having trouble with g-market. is there a place in daejeon i can grab one easily?

thanks!

I just use a plug adapter.
“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.” -Goethe

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • The Legend
« Reply #365 on: June 25, 2011, 09:30:05 PM »

thanks!

you use the original north american (or wherever kk) PS3 power cable, with a plug converter for south korea?

Savre

« Reply #366 on: June 26, 2011, 02:02:07 AM »

thanks!

you use the original north american (or wherever kk) PS3 power cable, with a plug converter for south korea?

I do. The only difference being that my adapter is for a New Zealand power cable. Its all good. :P

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #367 on: June 27, 2011, 12:37:19 AM »
Anyone have a PS3 controller for sale in Incheon/Seoul region? Or know of a place to get one? If not, I can order one from online.
“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.” -Goethe

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • The Legend
« Reply #368 on: June 27, 2011, 01:02:49 AM »
Anyone have a PS3 controller for sale in Incheon/Seoul region? Or know of a place to get one? If not, I can order one from online.

i just saw them at a homeplus in daejeon for 40,000 i think? they even had them in white.

Offline Mr Oh Eu Didn't

• Adventurer
« Reply #369 on: June 27, 2011, 10:33:40 AM »
Anyone play FIFA Ultimate Team on FIFA 11? Drop me your gamer tags.

Offline tia teacher

• Explorer
« Reply #370 on: June 27, 2011, 11:26:10 AM »
I just ordered my ps3 (black ops bundle) last wednesday. I'm excited... woohoooo. I'm an xbox 360 gamer but I've heard good things about the ps3. Too bad they don't have halo, left4dead, or gears of war :(

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #371 on: June 28, 2011, 11:31:08 AM »
I just ordered my ps3 (black ops bundle) last wednesday. I'm excited... woohoooo. I'm an xbox 360 gamer but I've heard good things about the ps3. Too bad they don't have halo, left4dead, or gears of war :(

Uncharted series, Resistance series, Killzone series, Gran Turismo, Infamous series, Ratchet & Clank series, Little Big Planet series, Demons Souls, Heavy Rain, God of war series, etc.

No Halo? Oh, what will you do?

Offline gato_esl

• Adventurer
« Reply #372 on: June 29, 2011, 06:18:01 PM »
So, I recently bought the SSF IV Arcade Edition and I plugged it in to my PS3.  The friggin game stops loading at the "vs." page.  Anyone else having these problems with their disc?

Offline Mr Oh Eu Didn't

• Adventurer
« Reply #373 on: July 01, 2011, 08:22:50 PM »
Has anyone been able to get their hands on the new Mortal Kombat in Korea?

Offline bullzai

• Veteran
« Reply #374 on: July 01, 2011, 09:31:05 PM »
Has anyone been able to get their hands on the new Mortal Kombat in Korea?

This is illegal to buy and sell in Korea, I was told by the guy who runs the game store behind my house. However, I had my parents ship me a copy ㅋㅋㅋ

Offline marescja

• Adventurer
« Reply #375 on: July 04, 2011, 12:23:20 PM »
This is illegal to buy and sell in Korea, I was told by the guy who runs the game store behind my house. However, I had my parents ship me a copy ㅋㅋㅋ

They'll ban Mortal Kombat, but allow games like Splatterhouse and Shadows of the Damned.  Guess it's all about the brand name. 

Shadows of the Damned seemed to be sold out last time I was in Yongsan.  Any one know if it's as "good" as God Hand?

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • The Legend
« Reply #376 on: July 09, 2011, 12:02:40 PM »
I finally have my playstation!! ^_^

except I'm worried about how to plug it in... I've got the north American power cord and I also have a down converter plug (220v - 110v) as well as a regular plug adapter.

can anybody in the know let me know the best option for me? using the down converter, the regular plug or buying a Korean power cord.

again, thanks for any help!!! this thread has been really helpful. I can't wait to start playing games!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tfung31

• Veteran
« Reply #377 on: July 11, 2011, 03:31:59 PM »
I finally have my playstation!! ^_^

except I'm worried about how to plug it in... I've got the north American power cord and I also have a down converter plug (220v - 110v) as well as a regular plug adapter.

can anybody in the know let me know the best option for me? using the down converter, the regular plug or buying a Korean power cord.

again, thanks for any help!!! this thread has been really helpful. I can't wait to start playing games!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get the korean power cord to be safe

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • The Legend
« Reply #378 on: July 11, 2011, 05:46:07 PM »
i'm using a korean power adapter at the moment... and everything works fine!  ;D

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #379 on: July 11, 2011, 06:00:26 PM »
If it is a PS3 slim, you can plug it in with the plug adapter. The PS3 slim is 100% safe. I've been using my USA PS3 slim in Korea with only a plug adapter. Sony was a bit smarter than Microsoft here. You do not need a power adapter with the PS3 slim.

Recent Lesson Plans

Powerpoint Template Mega-Pack by RufusW
[Yesterday at 04:21:21 AM]

Halloween Bomb Game by gotngoidea
[October 24, 2014, 06:33:14 PM]

Vocabulary Game: Creepy or Cute by aklimkewicz
[October 24, 2014, 06:25:53 PM]

Halloween Pub Quiz by valium kilmer
[October 24, 2014, 05:45:07 PM]

punishment assignments?? by Pattinsons
[October 24, 2014, 05:44:41 PM]

Buy/Sell/Trade