April 22, 2014, 12:21:02 AM

Author Topic: PS3 players in Korea  (Read 42701 times)

Offline tfung31

• Veteran
Re: PS3 players in Korea
« Reply #400 on: September 25, 2011, 10:14:51 PM »
Did anyone pick up resistance 3 and able to setup the online pass? Im not sure if mine isn't working because i am using an American account with a Korean code.

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #401 on: September 25, 2011, 10:50:23 PM »
Did anyone pick up resistance 3 and able to setup the online pass? Im not sure if mine isn't working because i am using an American account with a Korean code.

Codes are region locked.
“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.” -Goethe

Offline tfung31

• Veteran
« Reply #402 on: September 27, 2011, 03:27:30 PM »

Codes are region locked.

What do you do? do you just buy games from your region? unlock codes to play? or made a korean account?

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #403 on: September 28, 2011, 12:36:01 PM »
EA switched to that stupid online play code a while back. It was for them to make more money. They didn't like people buying it and then turning around and selling it. The next person could play online too. What did they do? They made one online code, so the next owner has to buy the online play code. Other companies do it now too.

Usually you can buy the online code for $5-10, so there is no point in buying the Asian version. I usually buy the version of my region, US. Games that don't come with loads of free DLC or online codes, I buy the cheaper Asian version. Games with tons of DLC and codes, I buy my region. I know some regions allow you to make an account there easily, but others are not so easy.
“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.” -Goethe

Offline tfung31

• Veteran
« Reply #404 on: September 28, 2011, 12:39:25 PM »
EA switched to that stupid online play code a while back. It was for them to make more money. They didn't like people buying it and then turning around and selling it. The next person could play online too. What did they do? They made one online code, so the next owner has to buy the online play code. Other companies do it now too.

Usually you can buy the online code for $5-10, so there is no point in buying the Asian version. I usually buy the version of my region, US. Games that don't come with loads of free DLC or online codes, I buy the cheaper Asian version. Games with tons of DLC and codes, I buy my region. I know some regions allow you to make an account there easily, but others are not so easy.

Thanks,

Very useful for future purposes.  :)

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #405 on: October 28, 2011, 10:53:10 AM »
Two games for sale:

1) Gran Turismo 5 - US edition @ 45,000w
2) L.A. Noire - US edition @ 30,000w

Message me.

Offline machina1985

• Explorer
« Reply #406 on: October 31, 2011, 06:10:04 PM »
Think all the games with a multiplayer component will go down the online pass route soon.

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #407 on: November 05, 2011, 04:04:52 PM »
Anyone playing Battlefield 3? Hit me up, Mowzer86.

Offline tfung31

• Veteran
« Reply #408 on: November 09, 2011, 11:33:48 AM »
Anyone get Modern Warfare 3 yet? Did you get a korean copy and can you play online?

Offline mrochfor

• Explorer
« Reply #409 on: November 09, 2011, 02:32:07 PM »
anyone played the new fifa?

Just me or is it very hard this year?

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #410 on: November 09, 2011, 02:40:42 PM »
anyone played the new fifa?

Just me or is it very hard this year?

I am not a huge Soccer fan, but it seems to be pretty good. I like NHL11, but I didn't get NHL12. Is the new FIFA worth a try?

Offline kps1

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #411 on: November 14, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »
Anyone get Modern Warfare 3 yet? Did you get a korean copy and can you play online?
My buddy got MW3, you can play the korean version onine since there is no redeem code needed to play. BF3 is a different story though, you need a redeem code to play online and it has to be from a korean PSN account. You can only make a korean psn account if you get a real korean person to let you use their resident number , since foreign resident numbers don't work you can't make one with your info. I got Skyrim and uncharted 3 as well, both korean copies. You need a redeem code to play uncharted 3 online, but thats not really a reason to buy the game.
Skyrim is loaded with glitches, but is fun.
Uncharted 3 is insane and awesome. Definitely the best game I've played this year, even better than dead space 2 for me.

Offline marescja

• Adventurer
« Reply #412 on: November 14, 2011, 04:31:44 PM »
My buddy got MW3, you can play the korean version onine since there is no redeem code needed to play. BF3 is a different story though, you need a redeem code to play online and it has to be from a korean PSN account. You can only make a korean psn account if you get a real korean person to let you use their resident number , since foreign resident numbers don't work you can't make one with your info. I got Skyrim and uncharted 3 as well, both korean copies. You need a redeem code to play uncharted 3 online, but thats not really a reason to buy the game.
Uncharted 3 is insane and awesome. Definitely the best game I've played this year, even better than dead space 2 for me.

What keeps me from buying most Korean PS3 games is DLC compatibility. 
I was frustrated to find out that my Korean Black Ops and UC2 are not compatible with USA DLC. 
Does DLC from the USA or other regions work for Korean MW3 and UC3?  Would save me a week waiting for shipping.  :)

Offline Row

• Veteran
« Reply #413 on: November 14, 2011, 07:31:32 PM »
If I bought a PS3 here, made a canadian PSN account, bought america versions of online pass MP games, would  everything work out ok or is there an IP restriction as well?

Speaking of which, how difficult is it to find american PS3 game copies in a place like yongsan?

Offline kps1

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #414 on: November 14, 2011, 07:56:56 PM »

What keeps me from buying most Korean PS3 games is DLC compatibility. 
I was frustrated to find out that my Korean Black Ops and UC2 are not compatible with USA DLC. 
Does DLC from the USA or other regions work for Korean MW3 and UC3?  Would save me a week waiting for shipping.  :)

No. You need to make a Korean PSN account if you want DLC.

Offline Row

• Veteran
« Reply #415 on: November 14, 2011, 10:33:09 PM »
Also, where could one find a new PS3 for the lowest price? See basic 160GB model going for around W340,000, that about as good as it's going to get right now?

Offline Damien

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Define desinty
« Reply #416 on: November 16, 2011, 02:38:17 PM »
Also, where could one find a new PS3 for the lowest price? See basic 160GB model going for around W340,000, that about as good as it's going to get right now?

Have a Korean friend search around online or find an electronic market. They have them in Seoul area. My friend got a brand new 160g PS3 for 300,000. I've heard of them being as cheap as 280,000 online.

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • The Legend
« Reply #417 on: November 16, 2011, 03:27:24 PM »
they're $250 in north america.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

Offline gato_esl

• Adventurer
« Reply #418 on: November 19, 2011, 12:49:58 PM »
Anyone get Uncharted 3?  I got a Korean version and cant get the online code to work on my PS3 account.

Offline tfung31

• Veteran
« Reply #419 on: November 19, 2011, 03:01:06 PM »
Anyone get Uncharted 3?  I got a Korean version and cant get the online code to work on my PS3 account.

you need a korean account to play some games online. i had the same problem with resistance 3

Recent Lesson Plans

Too passive aggressive? by gtrain83
[Today at 12:05:46 AM]

Classroom Management by Wintermute
[Yesterday at 08:03:25 PM]

Connect Four by slycordinator
[Yesterday at 05:49:23 PM]

What is the craziest schedule you have had? (day or week) by Mezoti97
[Yesterday at 05:05:08 PM]

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment