October 24, 2014, 07:29:55 PM

Author Topic: PS3 players in Korea  (Read 49148 times)

Offline Goken

• Explorer
Re: PS3 players in Korea
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2011, 04:50:21 PM »
Hey guys, just finished Mass Effect 2 on soldier last night, it's amazing!! Who else  has made it? This game is so epic, I want to start again straight away.

Hey, I finished it on Sunday with a Paragon Infiltrator. I also went straight back in. Going to try out a Renegade Adept.

Absolutely awesome game! Can't wait for the new DLC on the 29th, or for MF3 later this year. I just wish that I could have played 1. The comic was great catch-up but I still feel like I missed out.

Hi all!  2nd time poster here...
I beat ME2 last year and ME1 earlier before that.. fantastic games, how does the PS3 version live up to the name?  The demo seemed pretty good to me.  As for ME1... there are some things which are better than ME2, others... not so much.

Have you both seen the ME3 teaser yet?

Offline paladin777

• Veteran
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2011, 05:06:32 PM »
Thanks Tealeeds.

I was hoping to play the first HL. I wonder if the NH card works for steam? I have to wait to be paid my first salary before I can try though :(.
I forgot about Batman: Arkham Asylum...That is also on my "top games to play" list...

Offline paladin777

• Veteran
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2011, 05:11:33 PM »
Tealeeds: looks like mine is a check card, so Ill give it a bash this weekend and ill let you know if it works or not...

Offline bern

• Veteran
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2011, 05:11:57 PM »
Buying a PS3, just my opinion but I'd definitely get it from a shop, the prices shouldn't be vastly different and you get to play it the same day! ~ Waiting would be interminable.

My local game store doesn't take cards but always gives a discount when you have to go and the cash out after browsing. An independent store will probably give you a bit of a discount if you bought a system and a couple of games. They sell PS3s in Homeplus too.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 05:18:36 PM by bern »
Games for Young Learners : www.smalltalkesl.com

Offline bern

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2011, 05:17:06 PM »
@Goken

Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 is awesome, always been a playstation guy so never played 1 but did the interactive digital comic thing beforehand which imports the choices you make whilst reading to the game, looks like I missed out on an epic story.

Going straight back in for another playthrough, perhaps with a female Shepherd in a different class, ME3 is going to be awesome!

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • The Legend
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2011, 05:19:54 PM »
Buying a PS3, just my opinion but I'd definitely get it from a shop, the prices shouldn't be vastly different and you get to play it the same day! ~ Waiting would be interminable.

My local game store doesn't take cards but always gives a discount when you have to go and the cash out after browsing. An independent store will probably give you a bit of a discount if you bought a system and a couple of games. They sell PS3s in Homeplus too.

i wish there was a like button on waygook.

but seriously, thanks for the advice. i think i'm gonna do some research and then go hunting this weekend or next.

i like the idea of a discount if i bought a bundle.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

Offline michelleh

• Adventurer
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2011, 05:48:07 PM »
I have bought in English

little big planet
heavy rain
uncharted 1 and 2
MGS4
bayonetta
Mass Effect 2
Resident evil 5
Assassins Creed 2 and brotherhood (had to go to Yongasn for 2 and brotherhood has menus in korean)
Batman Arkham Asylum
GTA4 (hated it)
Red dead redemption
Bioshock 2
COD modern warfare

Just to add a few to this list that are also definitely in English...

Borderlands
Fallout 3
Little Big Planet 2
Dead Space 2
Infamous
Ratchet and Clank
Final Fantasy XIII
Tekken 6

Anyone else excited for Uncharted 3 later this year?  :D

Also, after reading everything here, I'm on my way to buy Mass Effect 2... it looks (and sounds) incredible.

Offline paladin777

• Veteran
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2011, 05:54:37 PM »
I wanna buy it too (ME2). Though what about number one? is there a story i should be following or can i just jump into ME2?

Offline bern

• Veteran
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2011, 05:58:57 PM »
I downloaded ME2 from playstation store it took almost 24 hours to download haha.

Anyway, if you install the download content there is an interactive digital comic about 10 minutes into the game. It explains the story of Mass Effect 1 and you get to make some choices about things you would have done which are imported to you character in ME2. Not sure if this is included on the disc but get the download content anyway you get more missions and team members.

Offline paladin777

• Veteran
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2011, 06:07:34 PM »
 Ok Cool. But how do i get PSN credit in this country? Is there a way that I can buy PSN cards here? Or can my Korean "Check" card work on the PSN?

Offline michelleh

• Adventurer
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2011, 06:16:52 PM »
Ok Cool. But how do i get PSN credit in this country? Is there a way that I can buy PSN cards here? Or can my Korean "Check" card work on the PSN?

I use my Irish credit card to top up my European account... no bother there.

But for my American account (which I need for PS1 classics - compatibility issue), it's a complete pain in the arse. I have to either ask a friend in the States to buy a card and then email me the number, or I have to ask an American friend here if I can borrow a credit card. Also, I should mention that the American store seems to have a much better selection than the European one.

In short, you'll need a credit card, and I've never seen PSN cards here. I don't think it's possible to buy them.

Offline Graumpot

• Veteran
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2011, 06:17:49 PM »
@paladin777

Like Micelleh said, Unfortunately you will need a credit card to load money onto your PSN account. So if you don't have a Korean one you will have to use one from home. I us my SA card for my account.

@Goken

I think 3 is going to be absolutely epic. Really interested to see who from the second game will be on the team.

Batman Arkham Asylum

Forgot that one, and I got it here. Definitely a must buy.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:20:37 PM by RMS »

Offline paladin777

• Veteran
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2011, 06:24:37 PM »
Bleh...I dont have a credit card :(. Back home (South Africa) we can buy PSN cards in any game shop...shouldve topped up before I left... Ill just have to find it somewhere then. Thanks for the info though :)

Offline Graumpot

• Veteran
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2011, 06:36:16 PM »
You could give this a try: https://www.entropay.com/

Its a virtual credit card. You just need to link it to an account back home or here. It should work as far as I know. I was looking at using one for online transactions but then didn't need it.

I know its not an ideal option, but it might be the only one if you want to get a hold of dlc. I have also run into a problem that dlc doesn't work for games here. I am also from SA and when I have downloaded something for a game I bought here it doesn't recognise it. That's what made me download Mass Effect 2 rather than buy a disk version.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:43:04 PM by RMS »

Offline paladin777

• Veteran
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2011, 09:19:55 PM »
Ok, Ill have a look at it. Thanks :). But just one queston: Whats "dlc"?...

Offline paladin777

• Veteran
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2011, 09:49:29 PM »
Play asia sells PSN cards!!!!!! And is now shipping crysis 2 :)

Offline GreenFloyd

• Veteran
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2011, 10:57:27 AM »
Excuse the ignorance, but if I bought a PS3 in Korea, it would be the same PS3 say, if I bought it in America? Is it loaded with a Korean operating system or only able to play a certain region of game?

Offline Graumpot

• Veteran
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2011, 11:11:14 AM »
@paladin777

Play asia sells PSN cards!!!!!! And is now shipping crysis 2

Nice! I'm glad that sorts out the problem for you. DLC stands for downloadable content. So for any game packs or extensions you would want to get off of psn. But, the dlc you get for a game is linked to the place ( region) your account it based. I downloaded the Joker pack for Arkham Asylum and the game doesn't pick it up. I don't know why this is as games are region free. It might be because of the differing TV signals.

@Greenfloyd

Games are region free but the signal output to your TV isn't. So as long as you have a HDMI compatible tv its not a problem. You can change the language of the operating system to English. The guys I bought my ps3 from did it for me.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:36:26 PM by RMS »

Offline GreenFloyd

• Veteran
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2011, 11:40:18 AM »
Thanks.

And if I were to bring it back to the U.S., it would work okay there too as long as I had the right T.V.?

Not that I'm likely to buy a PS3. No time to play it :'(.

Offline tealeeds

• Adventurer
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2011, 12:05:40 PM »
Thanks.

And if I were to bring it back to the U.S., it would work okay there too as long as I had the right T.V.?

Not that I'm likely to buy a PS3. No time to play it :'(.

Yes - it is region free, so you can take your games and buy a PS3 in USA... or, take your PS3 and buy games in USA... and as far as I know you will only need a plug adapter, not a power converter (dont quote me on that though...)

As for the 'right TV' - i used it on a old prjeciton tv with scart for a few weeks before i got annoyed with the lines... So, for a 'right TV' i am going to suggest a 1080 hdtv - the difference in graphics is unbelievable and is truly the only way to get the most out of you ps3 imho!
hope this helps

Recent Lesson Plans

Halloween Bomb Game by gotngoidea
[Today at 06:33:14 PM]

Vocabulary Game: Creepy or Cute by aklimkewicz
[Today at 06:25:53 PM]

Halloween Pub Quiz by valium kilmer
[Today at 05:45:07 PM]

punishment assignments?? by Pattinsons
[Today at 05:44:41 PM]

Scary story activities for 6th graders. by sonofthedude777
[Today at 04:57:26 PM]