April 22, 2018, 07:13:30 AM

Author Topic: Newbie in Namhae  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Cereal

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Awwww man!
Newbie in Namhae
« on: March 16, 2011, 01:25:06 PM »
Hello All,

I'm new to Korea and work at a middle and elementary school in Sangju about 30 minutes from Namhae by bus. I previously taught in Laos for several years but to much more advanced speakers at an international school, a business college and language academies. These kids are beginner and absolute beginner level. I am finding it tough!

They are all nice folks in these parts and I like the scenery. Namhae is small, about 55,000 people but seems to have most of what I need although it doesn't have what I want, like an English bookstore for example!

Anyway, it's fun but seriously cold here! And, I miss sticky rice and noodle soup!
"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Bakunin

Offline chocolateme

• Waygookin
  • You are what you eat.
Re: Newbie in Namhae
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 06:34:42 PM »
I want to visit Namhae and Sangju beach or some clean beach to walk/run the shore. Too cold to get in water for me. Send me any area suggestion you may have. I will travel alone and get lost easily so any advice is helpful.

Offline crantor

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 08:50:33 PM »
I loved Namhae when I went for a visit, it was awesome.
I am often amazed at how much more capability and enthusiasm for science there is among elementary school youngsters than among college students.

- Carl Sagan

Offline coolcolm

• Waygookin
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 10:20:12 PM »
Hi Are you still on Namhae? I'm moving there next week (also new to Korea)

Magic Ears ESL
Work from home and teach English to Chinese Children online with Magic Ears!! Teach 25 minute group lessons in the morning or the evening! The base pay is $18-26 an hour! To be qualified for this position you will need to be a native speaker from the US or Canada. You can apply using the bottom link for priority viewing on your application. For more information, please join our Q and A group https://www.facebook.com/groups/MagicEarsQA/
https://t.mmears.com?referralCode=T142094