April 24, 2014, 09:08:24 AM

Author Topic: New in Jinju  (Read 979 times)

Offline MoneyKenny

• Explorer
New in Jinju
« on: March 16, 2011, 05:23:56 PM »
Hey y'all,

I'm fairly new to Korea (i've been here for one month). I live in Jinju and just got word of this site. I'm from Canada some of my passions are: dark roast coffee, beer (stouts and IPAs are my favourite), alternative (for lack of a better term) music and comedy.

So, you can come to some pretty obvious conclusions about me from that description! I have a useless liberal arts degree and no applicable jobs skills...but I'm a fun time!

Sean

Offline onbeingtrue

• Adventurer
Re: New in Jinju
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 12:14:16 PM »
Hey, welcome to Jinju. There are probably around 100 foreigners here... Have you had the chance to meet anybody yet?

There's a St. Patrick's Day party tonight near GNU (Gyeongsang National University) if you're interested. It'd be a great way to meet some people--we're small enough in numbers here that we're fairly tight-nit when it comes to events like this, and once you've met a few foreigners here you'll pretty much know about 30 more instantly!

Here's the facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=198166660208342&index=1

Hope to see you there.

Offline onbeingtrue

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 12:16:38 PM »
Oh, and maybe you've gotten lucky but I've had a hell of a time finding good, dark coffee and beer here :-/

PM me if you need/want more info on tonight or anything else.

Offline MoneyKenny

• Explorer
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 09:06:21 PM »
Thanks for the lowdown, "onbeingtrue". I brought some coffee over with me, so I'm good for at least a little while.

Sounds like it will be a fun time.

Offline Eoin

• Explorer
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 08:07:26 PM »
Hi MoneyKenny. I've been in Jinju for about as long as you have. I'm still finding my way around and learning about good places to go etc but if you want to make another contact over here send me a pm with your fb details or number or whatever.

They have a beer here that's called "Black Beer Stout". It's not actually stout (at least not what I call stout), but it's tasty enough in it's own way and very cheap.

Offline MoneyKenny

• Explorer
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 03:48:38 AM »
Done and done.

Yeah, I've tried black beer stout. it's not that bad, but i wish there were some more options. I hear they are some microbreweries in Seoul. I might have to find one.

Recent Lesson Plans

TeacherReady by Denevius
[Today at 07:58:18 AM]

American Sign Language: Alphabet by Aqvm
[Yesterday at 09:28:59 PM]

Connect Four by powelldr
[Yesterday at 09:06:58 PM]

3rd Grade MS Boys Being Disruptive, and an Ineffectual C/T by ESmith4
[Yesterday at 06:37:50 PM]

Super Easy Brainiac Game by drgenderpotato
[Yesterday at 06:25:42 PM]

Buy/Sell/Trade