Find your mom!:
Students play a game to find partners, using printed picture cards.
1. Class divides into two groups, Group A and Group B.
2. Group A will be the son or daughter, and group B will be the mom.
3. Group A will have a song or daughter card, and Group B will have a mom card. Don’t show your cards to anyone else.
4. When the music is on, students walk around. When the music stops, Group A goes to Group B and finds a mom. Group A shows the card and says, “Happy Mother’s Day! This is for you.”
5. Group B checks the card and says, “Oh, it’s a ____________. Thank you!
6. Students must find their matching animal card, Mother and baby animals.
T has a bag of random “gifts” for the students. These can be funny gifts, basically anything you find around the classroom. Students play in partners.
Two partners come to the front of the class. T puts a gift into a box. The students dialogue about the gift. Some of the gifts are actually candy. The students can keep the candy.
S1: This is for you.
S2: What’s this?
S1: Open it.
S2: Oh, it’s a ___________. Thank you.