Read 5369 times

• tandj
  • Adventurer

• February 14, 2011, 12:57:31 pm
    • Bonghwa, South Korea
How do you send Registered Mail?
« on: May 24, 2011, 04:43:08 pm »
Does anyone know what the Korean word is for Registered Mail?

I need to send a letter through registered mail, but no one at my post office can speak English, so need a little help!

Thanks!

• Ectofuego
  • Featured Contributor

• November 02, 2010, 09:21:10 am
    • Mars
Re: How do you send Registered Mail?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 05:12:58 pm »
등기 우편
deung-gi upyeon
I'm Jason and I approve this message!

• Russteacher
  • Adventurer

• July 14, 2009, 07:41:47 am
    • Yeosu, Cheollanam-do
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 05:44:39 pm »
Around here you use a service called 'EMS'. Explain that to a KT or someone at work and they can give you a translation. Or just front up at the post office and say 'EMS-eu' in a Korean-English accent. You have to fill out the details on a 3 sheet envelope, they type in the details and give you a tracking number. Then google EMS and get a site for Korea, plug in your tracking number to see where you letter is at. If you're sending a small parcel, you can do that too but you have to put your stuff in a box that they supply for you, write down sender address and your address onit too and pay a small charge for the packaging.

EMS is pretty handy. When I was in Malaysia I realised I had too much stuff so I put 5 kilos of stuff into a box in Penang and the thing arrived at my old school in Yeosu about two weeks later.

Also, if time is not the issue, you can opt for 'surface mail' (think of 'snail mail') but if you want to get something to arrive quickly then you've got to opt for 'airmail'.

I also know that FEDEX have branches over here but you have to set up an account with a Korean credit card and for a one off delivery, it was a bit of a hassle to set that up.

Hope this helps.R.

• jackdaniels
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 18, 2009, 02:00:00 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 06:32:19 pm »
EMS: Expensive and fast takes less than a week. These forms are in orange and blue and has EMS on it.
Registered and insured: Takes longer and your contents are insured. About 5-10 days This form is greenish.
Registered: Cheapest to have proof you sent something. 5-10 days This form is also greenish. (Starts with CP)

For registered mail see the pic. Note the tracking number starts with CP. (I blacked out the tracking number)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 06:33:54 pm by jackdaniels »

• tandj
  • Adventurer

• February 14, 2011, 12:57:31 pm
    • Bonghwa, South Korea
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 10:22:52 am »
Thank you! You guys are awesome!