Read 29211 times

• lee-rae
  • Waygookin

• September 02, 2010, 02:57:48 pm
    • Seoul, South Korea
If anyone has to merge mod 3 & 4 together (read / writing) an easy activity with minimal prep is a WRITING RACE.

• Ss remain in their seated groups of 4+people
  • Each group can be given a mini whiteboard with marker/eraser
  • NSET goes outside with a volunteer from each group (the runner)
  • The runner is shown a sentence and runs back inside to their team to say the message
  • The rest of the team have to spell the sentence out correctly, 1st 3 teams get 1 point each KT will check using same list as NSET
  • Repeat with different runners
  • The team with the most points at the end of the game will be the winners. (1 Stamp)

• Teemowork
  • Expert Waygook

• September 13, 2010, 08:21:30 am
    • South Korea
I modified bits and pieces of the other powerpoints from the other waygookers.   Also, there is a practice review worksheet that can be walked through in class, or given as homework.

This lesson includes the folllowing:

1. Spongebob themed expressions
2. Singular vs Plural (This vs These) color coated for convenience in teaching
3. Whose Song is this Part 1 (with many NEW songs!)
4. Whose Song is this Part 2 (Extra Section - For Quizzing Co-teachers, or more knowledgeable audiences)
5. Included Song answer sheet

Although I have searched for and edited many clips in for the newer songs, much credit goes to those who contributed to this powerpoint.  Without them, this would not be possible!

Note: The powerpoint exceeded the 45MB limit, so it was split into rar files.

Some PPts I made for this lesson.  Spongebob reviewing prepositions and the second one is practice covering "Whose ____ is this/ are these?" "It's/ They are _____'s."  The second PPT uses Kpop idols, my kids love that stuff... ^^  Cheers

• steph925
  • Adventurer

• September 06, 2011, 08:17:36 am
A simple clothing ppt.

Lesson 4-3, Play Together 3 is the sentence scramble, and I redid it. The attached doc has questions and answers along with a picture. So students must match up the 8 questions/answers/pictures.

Here is a SpongeBob reivew game for lessons 1-4. Some of the slides have questions that were not from the book but from extra PPTs that I thaught the class so you may have to change them.

• Robotka
  • Veteran

• October 05, 2010, 01:05:29 pm
    • Seoul
Here's the link for the Review Lesson thread (it's also listed on the Grade 5 Index after the regular chapters for our book):

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,35609

• natty
  • Explorer

• March 13, 2012, 09:23:52 pm
    • Seoul
I made this powerpoint to focus on:

"It's his."
"It's hers."
"It's mine."

"They're his."
"They're hers."
"They're mine."

Since 5G have already done "this", "that", "they're", "those" and "these" in the previous topic, I incorporated that too.

Please note, this powerpoint took about 25 mins to get through. But I allowed time for class examples too.

I made this powerpoint to focus on:

"It's his."
"It's hers."
"It's mine."

"They're his."
"They're hers."
"They're mine."

Since 5G have already done "this", "that", "they're", "those" and "these" in the previous topic, I incorporated that too.

Please note, this powerpoint took about 25 mins to get through. But I allowed time for class examples too.

Thanks Natty! I will definitely use this. I spent 10 min yesterday explaining this, using just the board and I don't think they understood.  I'll do it again using your ppt. Thanks for sharing your hardwork :)

• SpakSpang
  • Explorer

• September 08, 2011, 08:51:58 am
    • Gwangju, South Koreas
I made a PPT for this unit that only focuses on "Whose something is this?" (Whose bow is this? It's Hello Kitty's bow. OR This is Hello Kitty's bow.) and "Whose things are these?" (Whose glasses are these? They are Harry Potter's glasses.) Warning: your kids might go crazy like mine did! So it might be best to show this PPT at the end of class. It will probably take 15-20 mins.

This is a great game, and a very well designed powerpoint.  However, I can't get the audio file to play.  I do not think it was attached with the power point.

• Carmine
  • Explorer

• March 28, 2012, 10:30:03 am
    • South Korea
I opened up my class with a Finding Nemo clip, which was posted by someone else, maybe on this site, I can't remember. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4BNbHBcnDI. I showed the students this clip to get them motivated for the topic. Afterwards I showed them a basic possessive pronouns chart listing all of them. I showed them basic sentences to different questions, "Whose dress is this?", "Whose dog is this?", "It's mine" OR "It's my dog". Afterwards we played a game where I brought personal items from home, made name cards for each item, and printed doubles for each item. I have 30 students so I brought 15 items. I start by describing the activity and getting my co-teacher to help model and explain the activity. I start by taking an item at random, and asking the question "Whose cellphone is this?" Students with the name card shout "It's mine!". THey come up to the front and play rock paper scissors, and the winner receives the item. I ask the question again "Whose cellphone is this?" The winner says, it's mine, the one who loses says "It's hers/his/student's name.

• purin929
  • Explorer

• March 26, 2012, 04:33:07 pm
    • kimpo,Republic of Korea
Here is a handout I put together for lesson 4.

• sunhwa
  • Newgookin

• March 15, 2012, 02:32:18 pm
    • siheung
This is intro lesson.
it can use for introduction at first time.

thank you.

dialogue script and word

• lisseque
  • Waygookin

• June 06, 2012, 06:39:50 pm
    • South Korea
Where is my skirt? PPT I used that worked pretty well to get students speaking in class.

I used this video clip at the start of class for motivation. Ask them to listen for two important expressions.
"It's mine."
"It's yours."

For those of you who don't know Friends, Monica and Rachel are fighting over who has to keep an ugly piece of art that Phoebe made but she walks in the room so they pretend to be fighting over who gets to keep it. Then she says whoever doesn't get it can have another, even uglier one. So they really fight over the first one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1BMc1RU7nY

• Vedas
  • Adventurer

• April 19, 2011, 07:34:18 am
    • South Korea
Review for the semester final. :)

• mhmh
  • Waygookin

• June 22, 2012, 03:17:41 pm
    • S.Korea
Grade 5 Lesson 4 whose dress is this? YBM최
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2012, 08:17:21 pm »
It is first time to post here~:)

ppt and work sheet
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:43:48 pm by mhmh »

Here are my best materials from last year's Lesson 9.

1) Whose is this? Guessing ppt - using cartoon characters.  Changed a few pics from the original.

2) Animal Eyes ppt - modified from someone else's. 

3) Whose ___ is it? ppt with celebrities and short song clips.  Also slightly modified from someone else.

these are very well made and very interesting to my students. i hope someone will update the kpop ppt this year. it's already getting dated :(

• tmorioka
  • Waygookin

• August 27, 2012, 02:16:39 pm
    • Gimcheon, South Korea
Re: (YBM Maria Oh) Grade 5, Lesson 4 - "Whose Dress is This?"
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2013, 03:20:34 pm »
Blazing Pen. Thnx to the original template maker~