Read 10204 times

I'm sure this will be merged, but anyway:

A simple bomb game with the key phrases.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:44:59 pm by taeyang »

Re: Grade 4 What Time Is It? Bomi and Bibi Book chapter Seven
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 02:33:26 pm »
this is brilliant. using the time to choose. then, still asking them a question about time on the back end. *muah*

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 08:36:39 pm »
this is brilliant. using the time to choose. then, still asking them a question about time on the back end. *muah*

To up the evil content, I usually make kids who never speak in class choose  from the selection screen...
Actually, it's not to be evil. It's so they have to practice speaking English, even if it is the teeniest tiniest amount. If they're really, really uncomfortable, they can just say the number anyway, and drop the "o'clock". See? I'm only a little evil.

• loza
  • Waygookin

• December 09, 2010, 10:11:59 am
    • Korea
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 03:10:59 pm »
This is an adaption of another poster's file for grade 5. She's an amazing South African teacher who posts great files here. Sorry forgot ur name- but you're awesome.

• sarsurah
  • Waygookin

• March 16, 2011, 01:27:39 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 12:26:53 pm »
This is an introductory ppt for the first period in lesson 7. It just goes over the new vocab and key sentences. Hope it helps.

• Adi
  • Explorer

• April 06, 2011, 02:54:12 pm
    • Mokpo
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 03:01:24 pm »
Hey! I've had an unexpected 'what time is it?' class sprung on me for tomorrow...you're game sounds ideal.
Could you e-mail it to me (adiandadi23@msn.com) as I don't quite understand how to retrieve files from this site...or if you could tell me how, that would also be great.
Thank you!!

• JJ72
  • Adventurer

• September 01, 2010, 01:01:41 pm
    • Daegu
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 12:38:49 pm »
Hey! I've had an unexpected 'what time is it?' class sprung on me for tomorrow...you're game sounds ideal.
Could you e-mail it to me (adiandadi23@msn.com) as I don't quite understand how to retrieve files from this site...or if you could tell me how, that would also be great.
Thank you!!

You need to have made 5 posts before you can download anything from here. You are at number for so just make one more post and you should be ok to download things  :D :D

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 01:25:58 pm »
This ppt activity worked really well. I read the story once through for my students telling them to try to remember the time. Then I handed out individual clocks I had made with movable hands. I went through the second half of the ppt and the students would move the hands on the clock for each of Arnold's activities.

• JJ72
  • Adventurer

• September 01, 2010, 01:01:41 pm
    • Daegu
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 07:59:14 am »
I made a pass the ball review for this book.
First i made them do it normally and then i did it a second time and made whoever answered the question stand up. The kids standing up at the end of the game were the winners.
On slide 7 i had put a picture of myself in and asked them "who is she" so that slide is blank!  :D

• daithi
  • Adventurer

• August 31, 2011, 07:45:57 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 08:26:18 am »
I find that using a bingo game, they have pictures and you say words or vica versa. There are lot of good random bingo card generators online.

• cmwiley3
  • Explorer

• September 02, 2011, 08:24:08 am
    • Cheonan
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 08:37:28 am »
This looks like it would be pretty helpful for teaching my class at Oseong Elementary! Thanks for the info!
Cameron

• jennis
  • Explorer

• July 02, 2010, 02:49:03 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 09:09:07 am »
here are simple  games with time expressions.

• ladymp22
  • Adventurer

• June 15, 2011, 09:01:48 am
    • Ansan, South Korea
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 02:45:37 pm »
Short worksheet for pd 2 or review for pd 3, 4

• girlo
  • Adventurer

• March 05, 2012, 11:20:24 am
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 12:10:35 pm »
I made a pokemon bomb game because my kids asked for it.  It practices both saying the time and drawing the time.  I printed out blank clock faces and but them in clear plastic folders, but you can have them draw it however you want.  On the board would also work.
I tried to make harder questions worth more points, as I usually forget to do that.  Anyway, I hope it is useful to someone!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:13:24 pm by girlo »

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• March 04, 2012, 08:49:30 pm
    • Geoje
    more
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 02:14:02 pm »
I add my Storm the Castle game to WAYGOOK.ORG (It's so nice to have you back).

I have played this game with my 6th grade and they enjoyed it. I hope my 4th grade enjoy it as well.

They will practice the phrase
What's the time?
It's ___________ o'clock.
Each student who is defending gets a card with this dialogue on it and the students who are attacking roll a dice to get the time.

Each team gets 5 minutes to attack the castle. Then we switch over. If your class 29 or 30 students get one to keep the score.

Our students sit in a grid of 6x5 and thus you may have to change the PPT if your students sit in a different arrangement.

While I have labelled the castle picture with a moat, I don't think Dover Castle has a moat. I have used the word just for teaching the students.
PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• Geoje
    more
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 07:47:41 am »
A song which can be used to help the students understand the vocabulary. (Or at least fill up the last minute or so of the lesson).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBvmO7NgUp0

My co-teacher thinks it will work well with our classes.
PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• Geoje
    more
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 08:08:02 am »
Chopsticks Pictonary Relay

You will need
You will need chopsticks for each team.
A copy of the worksheet for each team to write down the answers (instead of their own books)
A stop watch (optional).
Lots of paper or whiteboards.
A basket full of words.

Students get collected a word with chopsticks, they return to their team and play pictonary. Once their team guesses the word they write it down on the worksheet. Play game for 7 to 10 minutes. The team with the most words wins.

There are also words from other lessons which may be added as well if desired.

Played this game once and it has worked well. Added the worksheet after playing it to make it easier.

Remind students to keep their word hidden from their team, so their team can not read it.

PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• Geoje
    more
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 08:42:21 am »
Hot Seat.

Perform a listen and repeat before the game using the words in the PPT.

Divide the class into teams. My school has students in rows so I use these for teams.

Get student 1 from each row (student 1 team 1, student 1 team 2 etc.) to come to the frount. Show them a word or a picture which is contained in the PPT. They then act out that word.

Then give students a chance to guess the word (by raising hands). If they are right their team gets a point.

Once the word/phrase is guessed get student number 2 from each team to stand up and come to the fount for the next word.

Should take about 15 to 20 minutes depending on how long you want the game to run.
PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature

• MegalodonMHL
  • Waygookin

• March 01, 2013, 08:05:46 pm
    • Chungbuk, South Korea
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 05:24:01 pm »
I add my Storm the Castle game to WAYGOOK.ORG (It's so nice to have you back).

I have played this game with my 6th grade and they enjoyed it. I hope my 4th grade enjoy it as well.

They will practice the phrase
What's the time?
It's ___________ o'clock.
Each student who is defending gets a card with this dialogue on it and the students who are attacking roll a dice to get the time.

Each team gets 5 minutes to attack the castle. Then we switch over. If your class 29 or 30 students get one to keep the score.

Our students sit in a grid of 6x5 and thus you may have to change the PPT if your students sit in a different arrangement.

While I have labelled the castle picture with a moat, I don't think Dover Castle has a moat. I have used the word just for teaching the students.

Bawaugh great post!

I decided to modify the powerpoint that you posted. I wasn't going to make any changes until I realized that my seating is completely different and the kids wouldn't understand it. I got a little carried away with editing it. I added music and some effects.

I used faceinahole.com to put some of their faces in, obviously you can add your own face or a photo of you or just leave my kids in it. Whatever you need to do.

I changed the words for 4th grade because my kids have a lower level and they might not understand. I also changed the image of the castle.

I hope this is useful for someone!

• ADave
  • Adventurer

• November 23, 2012, 10:18:39 am
    • Gimpo
Re: (대한 교과서 Taehan) Grade 4, Lesson 7 - "What Time Is It?"
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 01:30:34 pm »
Here's a song and video I made for teaching about time and routines.  It's a bit fast but I've still had success with it for 4th grade and up. The higher level students can mostly keep up while the lower levels are still able to participate at least on the Chorus.

I'm attaching a slide show of the lyrics and a printout, too. Hope it helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdSbNFDZmFM