Read 7172 times

• Jeanne
  • Newgookin

• March 31, 2011, 04:13:32 pm
    • Seoul
i made this ppt for opening class. I used this one to give stdents motivation and review what they've learned in period1. I put boxes instead of my pic and my bunny's picture so you can put yours.

I asked them questions; Is this your tail, Picachu? and then i clicked the hint button for students who don't know about Picachu. After i get answers from them, click 'back' picture to return to the slide and show them answer by click.
Hope you enjoy this ;-)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:44:59 pm by taeyang »

• Jeanne
  • Newgookin

• March 31, 2011, 04:13:32 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Grede 4 lesson 6: Is this your ball? (period 2)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 01:41:37 pm »
also this is my Prezi presentation for the open class.

http://prezi.com/tbbcs2npdvve/is-this-yours/

• rantpoet
  • Explorer

• October 17, 2011, 08:27:54 am
    • south korea
Re: Grede 4 lesson 6: Is this your ball?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 03:35:30 pm »
Believe it or not, the memory game is fantastic for this lesson.
"Is this yours" pointing to a book or something and the kid has to say, yes, this book is mine.. then you go around the room and each student has to point to a different object than the previous student each time remembering every object stated.
Ex. yes, this (these) book, chair, pencil,, window, dog, bunny is (are) mine

• izus
  • Adventurer

• September 07, 2010, 08:10:07 am
    • Daegu, KR
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 02:50:13 pm »
Here's an intro PPT to practice the phrases.

Here's an idea for one game that I'll play.
Each student draws 2 pictures of the vocabulary in this lesson.  Students shouldn't allow their drawings to be seen prior to the game.
Make groups of 4-5 students.  Put the students' drawings (folded) in the middle.  Rock, paper, scissors to see who goes first.  The first student chooses a drawing and tries to guess who drew it.  He/She says "Is this your ball/bag/etc. and inticates one other student.  If the it's right, that student keeps the drawing.  If not, he/she puts it back into the middle.  Then the next student goes.  When there are no more drawings in the middle, the student with the most drawings is the winner.

• rockiavelli
  • Veteran

• August 29, 2011, 09:24:35 am
    • Tongyeong, Gyeongsangnamdo, ROK
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 11:16:23 am »

Each student draws 2 pictures of the vocabulary in this lesson.  Students shouldn't allow their drawings to be seen prior to the game.
Make groups of 4-5 students.  Put the students' drawings (folded) in the middle.  Rock, paper, scissors to see who goes first.  The first student chooses a drawing and tries to guess who drew it.  He/She says "Is this your ball/bag/etc. and inticates one other student.  If the it's right, that student keeps the drawing.  If not, he/she puts it back into the middle.  Then the next student goes.  When there are no more drawings in the middle, the student with the most drawings is the winner.

This game is great.

This lesson also works with a couple old standards:

The Pencil Case Contents Guessing Game:
Have the students get into groups of 3 or 4.  They should choose some items from their pencil cases and mix them up.  (I give all the groups 30 seconds to do this at the beginning of each round so that the kids don't peak at other groups.)  Then one group stands up holding one of the items.  The other teams raise their hands (everyone in the group, first group with all hands up goes first) and guess "(Name), is that yours?"  The people in the group with the object then answer "Yes, it is./No, it isn't."  I give them points based on how big the groups are:  For four student groups, up to three teams can guess, if they get it on the first guess they get 3 pts (one for each student left in the group after the guess) and so on down to two students (where they can only earn one point).  We play several rounds and the kids eat it up.  I've only played it with 5th/6th graders, but I'm sure the 4th graders will like it as well.

Speaking race:
The speaking race is a go to for me with the younger/lower level classes.  It gets them up and talking, and they usually enjoy it.  It works as an icebreaker or an end of game class.  I have them work in their rows.  For this unit I'm going to give them physical objects (ball, pencil case, umbrella) then they practice as a pair (first and second in line) "Is this (object) yours?"  They answer 'Yes, it is.' as the objects goes to the back of the room, then they switch and answer 'No, it isn't as it comes back to the front.  The first team to make the circuit wins.  You may have to police them on actually speaking instead of just mumbling or pretending to speak, but most of my kids are pretty good about it.

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• March 04, 2012, 08:49:30 pm
    • Geoje
    more
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 03:11:52 pm »
This could be an option for a small task which could be tacked onto the lesson.

It is based on the 2010 text book, but I imagine a lot of us may not have been around in 2010 to be aware of it. Obviously the key phrases are a somewhat different from our text book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLKIwTA-R-Y

Is this your _______
Yes it is
It's so cute
Oh wow thank-you.

PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature

• andreid87
  • Newgookin

• October 28, 2011, 09:11:39 am
    • Incheon, South Korea
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 08:07:08 am »
Here is a Word Lotto Game with words from Chapter 6...Its a good writing period game imo...get the kids to write down 3 of words, the  student who guesses the most words wins....ive also attached a quick chapter 4, 5 and 6 review...the ppt is not the best but it has a lot of images from the textbook itself...enjoy :)

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• Geoje
    more
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 08:22:02 am »

I like your idea Izus and I have checked it with my co-teacher to check that it will work. It should be a fun game and I look forward to playing it with my 4th grade.

I have prepared the following PPT to show my class how to play the game.

Footnote: I have now played the game 4 times and my 4th grade love the game very much. It has taken up about 25 minutes. To make the  game last longer at the end, we get one picture from each group and the teacher goes to that group and ask each person who drew the drawing.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:39:22 am by bawaugh »
PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• Geoje
    more
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 10:08:37 am »
Here is my activity for my next 4th grade class.

It is an Evolution game with 3 levels, Baby, Dad, Grandpa.

This is a milling activity.
Print out slides 6-16.
To the back of slides 6-16 attach a copy of slide 17 or 18. Distribute to students.
Students meet each other. They practice key expression on the front and then flip it over for the answer. 
They then follow the instructions on slides 3-4 to go up or down a level.
Students at Baby level crouch down.
Students at Dad level walk round normally.
Students at Grandpa level walk around like they are using a walking stick.
Demonstrate to the class how to walk around for each level.
As boys often play rock paper scissors and not practice key expressions, we require boys to meet girls only.
PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature