• albie2011
  • Adventurer

• June 08, 2011, 11:50:05 am
    • Anseong-si
(대한 교과서 Taehan) Grade 4, Lesson 11 - "Where Are You?"
« on: September 22, 2011, 02:58:10 pm »
Just a basic ppt introducing 'Where are you?'
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:53:58 pm by taeyang »
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn? Mr Bennet, 'Pride and Prejudice'

• iggyb
  • Super Waygook

• November 12, 2010, 10:17:07 am
    • Gapyeong
Grade 4 L11 Where are you? (Buzz, Bomi) Jeopardy Game
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 12:59:17 pm »
I modified a jeopardy game I took from here for 5th grade.

• bwargle
  • Explorer

• February 25, 2011, 12:55:35 pm
    • Daejeon, South Korea
Re: Grade 4 (Bomi and Bibi Textbook) : Lesson 11 "Where are you?"
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 08:29:18 pm »
Just a basic ppt with rooms of the house and different objects in the rooms So you can ask the kids "Where is he/she/the ___?". When you play the slide show, it looks like the house stays stationary and words/pictures move in and out of the house. Very little text though, this is more of a speaking than a reading activity.

• unazin
  • Explorer

• February 28, 2011, 11:23:47 am
    • Inchoen, Korea
4rd lesson11 where are you ppt (mirae an textbook)
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 05:27:22 pm »
Hello,
Nice to meet you. I hope that this materal would be useful to you.

Evolution-type game
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 03:23:20 pm »
Hey all- There's an "Evolution" or "Cockroach" type game that kids love.  I modified it for rooms in the house.  The PPT is attached.  It went really well.

• leejs
  • Veteran

• March 29, 2011, 07:28:55 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 10:27:35 am »
This is a Tic-Tac-Toe worksheet I modified from a grade 5 version downloaded here on waygook. It is an easy game that uses the target sentences. Can take about 10 minutes as the students run around challenging one another.

• meg.y
  • Waygookin

• April 15, 2010, 07:56:15 am
    • Pyeontaek, South Korea
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 02:56:57 pm »
two powerpoints for ya

4-11-1: I used this for writing sentences and drilling the sentences. My students like it when I draw silly pictures. Probably not very useful.

4-11-2: Disappearing dialogue and more sentence drilling! This was also to help with plurals. And it includes the paperclip flicking game.

4-11-3: Paperclip flick game.

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 01:42:21 pm »
I made this spongebob game for after school. I use it for telephone converstation where students ask a friend where they are. Maybe it can be useful for some of you guys. Enjoy!

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 08:27:06 am »
A PPT game I originally made for my Grade 6 classes but tailored it to this lesson. The concept is simple, one or two students face away from the screen, and their team mates must describe the picture behind them. It features places, rooms and objects primarily.

Depending on their level you can decide whether or not you permit noises and actions. With the higher level students I didn't allow for any gestures or motions as hints, only English descriptions.

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• March 04, 2012, 08:49:30 pm
    • Geoje
    more
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 08:28:35 am »
My Guess the Picture Game PPT. Should take up the last 5 minutes of your lesson.
PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 12:54:47 pm »
A version of the Telepathy game tailored for this lesson,

Students in teams have to choose a picture from the four, and if they choose the correct picture (i.e the last remaining picture), there team gets a point!!

5 minute warmer/wrap up

• Helen Lloyd
  • Waygookin

• August 24, 2012, 03:03:16 pm
    • Cheongju, Chungbuk
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 11:25:57 am »
Here is my ppt, lesson plan, review sheet and game. Kids enjoyed it and picked up the vocab very quickly. (it was their first exposure to the vocab).

• tweety11226
  • Adventurer

• August 04, 2011, 12:41:12 am
    • South Korea, Daegu
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 05:26:13 pm »
good song to use

• knox
  • Waygookin

• July 13, 2010, 12:26:30 pm
    • Busan + Chungcheon-Buk
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 02:06:19 pm »
A simple GANGNAM-STYLE review game for the test on Lessons 9, 10 + 11.

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• March 04, 2012, 08:49:30 pm
    • Geoje
    more
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 12:27:20 pm »
There are my activities for this lesson 2nd period.

Some words are based on the specific list of words my class is learning.

Evolution game.
You will need your co teacher to help explain.

Copy out sentences on the first 3 slides and give  one to each student. Practice sentences well.

Students are at different levels, the level they are at will determine the way they walk.
Babies waddle, daddies, stroll around, Grandpa is hunched over, and the King walks around with thumbs up. Everyone starts at baby level.

They meet somebody at the same level and the practice key expressions on their card. They then rock paper scissors, winner goes up a level, loser goes down a level.

When they get to King level they goto the teacher practice key expressions, then rock paper scissors. If they win they get one point for team boy if a boy, and one point for team girl if a girl.
But after playing with the teacher they go back to baby level again (win or lose).

Girls must meet boys and vice versa - boys were observed slacking off without this rule.

Pictonary relay - worked ok with my 6th grade classes. Not yet done with 4th grade.

You will need a co teacher and white boards dor each team or lots of paper.

Put students into teams, give each team a white board and get them to write answers down on a piece of paper. My game works for 6 teams.

Students take turns to run to teacher, teacher gives them a word, they then run back to the group and they draw the word or sentence until the group guesses the sentence   

Half the teams go to you the other half of the class goes to your co teacher. (Each team has different list of words to avoid cheating. 

The first group to guess all 14 words and bring to the teacher to check is the winner.
PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature

• Pitufa
  • Adventurer

• May 21, 2012, 02:04:52 pm
    • Incheon, South Korea
Re: (대한 교과서 Taehan) Grade 4, Lesson 11 - "Where Are You?"
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 12:44:52 pm »
You can find worksheets for this lesson on these sites:

http://bogglesworldesl.com/kids_worksheets/house.htm
http://bogglesworldesl.com/information_gap.htm  (Scroll down and go to Haunted House Information Gap.)
- http://www.holiday-crafts-and-creations.com/support-files/halloweencoloringpage.pdf

I used this Swat game for a short review. I said something like, "Where is Buzz? He's washing the dishes."
- Game: http://www.teach-this.com/images/games/swat.pdf
- I've attached a PPT of what I had on the board, Worksheet 5 from bogglesworld above.

I've attached the PPT I made using the Information Gap Activity. My students aren't advanced enough to use all of the location words. Instead, the students are split into 6 teams. Each team is given a paper with a room on it. The teacher places one of the Halloween pictures under one of the room papers. One student is it .

The class says: Where is the bat? or Where is the ghost?
It guesses: He's / It's in the bathroom.
Class: Yes, he's in the bathroom. or No, he is not in the bathroom.

Points can be determined for the individual class. I will probably give "it" three tries. 1st try is 5 points, 2nd try is 3 points, and 3rd try is 1 point.

Re: (대한 교과서 Taehan) Grade 4, Lesson 11 - "Where Are You?"
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 02:34:00 pm »
I guess I am really far behind for this lesson! I made a short ppt with rooms of the house and practice sentences. I only have girls in my class hence all the purple :-*