Read 3691 times

• K
  • Super Waygook

• November 03, 2010, 05:38:27 pm
    • SK
Grade 4, Lesson 8 - We went to the park (Demetra E. Gates)
« on: November 07, 2011, 03:39:02 pm »
I've made a condensed version of Disney's The Little Mermaid to go with Story Time from lesson 8. It's about 12 minutes long. It's a little choppy sometimes, but I think the students will enjoy it, nonetheless.

I wanted to add titles/subtitles, but unfortunately I lacked the time. If I have time to put them in, I will re-post the video. If anyone would like a copy to edit, just let me know. 

I can't post the video on Waygook because of it's size, so it's on YouTube :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwVW1sBmbpI

• goodjen
  • Newgookin

• September 07, 2012, 01:22:36 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Grade 4, Lesson 8 - We went to the park (Demetra E. Gates)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 12:05:22 pm »
Here is a PPT I made to introduce simple past. These are words most students already know. I've highlighted the changes to make them past tense.

• Kramerized
  • Adventurer

• March 20, 2012, 09:47:54 am
    • Cheonan, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 12:54:28 pm »
Here is a worksheet with vocabulary, key sentences, listen and speak 1 & 2, Story Time, Bingo game, and a word search. The vocab and key sentences also have the Korean meaning. For homework, they must write their vocab and key sentences 3 times. If they did then the next class we can play the bingo game.
Also I have made a New Words PPT. For each slide,  we practice saying the new word. Then the Korean meaning comes up. Then a sentence that the words goes in.
Hope you find all this helpful. There are so few resources with this book.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 01:43:56 pm »
Fun, GIF-loaded powerpoint game.  Good for reviewing the past tense and practice writing. 

The language production is basic: the students form a sentence using a past tense verb.  For every gif there is a bonus question that asks specific questions about the image.  Kids enjoy trying to remember what was in the picture.  You can decide on the level of spelling and grammar accuracy you are looking for. 

I stole this idea from the halloweenscarefest Powerpoint that I can't find anymore on Waygook.  Thanks to the creator for the idea. In the original there is a timer, which is a good idea.  You don't want the gifs playing too long.

In a mixed level class, it may take the whole lesson.  You can always trim it down.