Read 4408 times

• AC_in_Korea
  • Super Waygook

• July 30, 2010, 11:25:33 am
    • Miryang, South Korea
(대한 교과서 Taehan) Grade 4, Lesson 15 - "I Miss Buzz"
« on: December 02, 2011, 02:51:19 pm »
I used a game I found in another thread for my first lesson of this unit.  It didn't go as planned, because the students were not as excited about taking a card as I thought they would be - but mostly because it was hard for them to read it, and then try to explain to the rest of the team what the card said.

So I modified the game I found here.

Basically, if I have done everything right (which is not a definite!), here is how you play:

Break the class into teams (I tried 6, but will do 3 next time).  Each team will have a marker that they can move on the TV screen (I used tape to stick it, and it didn't leave marks) 
One person from the first team comes to the front and rolls the dice.  Move the marker along and see what the space says.  If it is a picture, the kids have to say what the picture indicates (on the board itself).

If it is 'take a card', click on the green box, and it will take you to the next slide.  Here you will see 18 'cards'.  Click on #1, and it will take you to the card question for the whole team to see, and try to answer.  Click on the snake board to return to the board game. 

If the team answers correctly, they stay on the square - if not, they go back to where they were.

A 'spelling' square means the person who rolled has to read a word to their team, and the team has to spell it.  I used vocabulary from units past, and just wrote them on small pieces of paper.

The kids loved to come and roll, and move their marker - but the question cards made it difficult to play as a  big class.

I hope I did the animations right.  Please feel free to change it and repost it if you can make it better!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:07:38 pm by taeyang »
Be the change you want to see in the world.

• Freeto
  • Expert Waygook

• September 10, 2010, 01:24:42 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Grade Four Lesson 15 I miss Buzz (Buzz and Bibi book)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 10:26:29 am »
Here's a sentence scramble game I found on this board and edited to include the target language for this lesson.
Save $5 on your first iHerb order under $40 by using coupon code VIS416, or save $10 if your first iHerb order is over $40!

Good for over 30,000 products including nutritional supplements, beauty items food and other health products. Cheap and fast shipping worldwide.

• izus
  • Adventurer

• September 07, 2010, 08:10:07 am
    • Daegu, KR
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 03:03:22 pm »
Here's a Treasure Hunt game (Battleship) and a team slap card game.

For the slap card game, you will need 3-4 fly swatters or something similar.  Put the letters A-D in large print on the board.  I do one page for each letter, laminated.  Divide the class into teams, so that each team has less than 12 people.  One person from each team comes to the front and holds a fly swatter.  Show the ppt slide, then say the phrase for that slide, click the mouse, and the letters fall into place.  The students try to hit the letter for the phrase that they heard.  The 1st slide on the ppt has the phrases for each slide.  Students rotate so that everyone gets a turn.

• pellxx
  • Waygookin

• March 09, 2011, 07:51:16 am
    • Korea
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 03:04:46 pm »
Here is a hidden pictures game I created based on the target vocabulary for the lesson.

• beano1982
  • Veteran

• September 08, 2011, 02:15:02 pm
    • korea
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 11:57:04 am »
here is my intro lesson plus a board game I hope it helps.

• beano1982
  • Veteran

• September 08, 2011, 02:15:02 pm
    • korea
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 12:04:42 pm »
This is the game from the book page 129, the kids really liked it I just made my own cards.
1)Put the students in to fours and give them a pack of cards and a sheet of paper.
2)Get them to write there names on a sheet of paper.
3)Put the cards face down then get the students to take it in turns to pick up the cards and act out their illness. the first of the other students to get it right gets a point and the student puts that card to the bottem of the pack then the next student goes.
4)the student at the end with the most points wins.