Read 4009 times

• Maureen
  • Veteran

• October 27, 2010, 11:48:32 am
(대교 Daegyo) Grade 4, Story Time 6 - "Aladdin"
« on: December 15, 2011, 10:27:42 am »
Hi Everyone

Here is a ppt of the dialog for the last storytime.  It's good for low level students to very slowly go over the dialog with listen and repeat. Also I made the market vendor only one role instead of 2.

Happy Teaching!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 03:03:18 pm by taeyang »

• anna.rpo
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 07, 2010, 12:06:56 pm
    • Jecheon
Re: (대교 Daegyo) Grade 4, Story Time 6 - "Aladdin"
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 08:23:00 am »
My co-teacher skips these parts, but I know that Story Time = review, so here's a Sleeping Elephants game covering chapters 10 and 11 - is this your _?, My _ is _, How much is it?, it's _ won.

If you've got a good co-teacher or your students can understand okay, I'd suggest playing like this:
Put the students into teams of 4. Give the teams 2 pieces of A4 paper to be divided into quarters so each Ss has 2 rectangles of paper. Run the ppt as normal - heads down, each student pops up and reads & remembers their word. After all of the words have been shown, give the Ss 5 or 10 seconds to write down their word. After the time is up, they must put their pencils down and then as a team, put the sentence in the right order.

After this, go around the class and check the answers. My co-teacher and I each have stamps - she gives the students a stamp if they have spelled their word correctly, I give a stamp if the whole sentence is correct. The students with the most stamps at the end of the class get a point. The other way you could run this would be to give a point for each correct word, and two points for a correct sentence.

This might seem complicated but it can be played again without too much set-up the next time, plus you get to check the spelling of each student rather than having the 'good ones' write the whole sentence. Because it's a team activity, I noticed my lower-level students really worked hard to remember their words.

http://karoritokorea.blogspot.com/

Use code WAK323 for iherb, up to $10 off your first order. You know you want to.

Re: (대교 Daegyo) Grade 4, Story Time 6 - "Aladdin"
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:02:27 am »
I found a song from Aladdin, I explained after the story in the book that Aladdin wished to be a prince using CCQs and then they watch the song, I asked them to watch carefully as it's a memory game. Then I split them into teams and asked the qs on the powerpoint, the closest team won. It might be best to nominate a writer to come to the board for each team to avoid copying.