Read 3725 times

• sheila
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• November 23, 2009, 08:32:58 am
    • Gangnamgu, Seoul
Lesson 6: Black Beauty
« on: March 08, 2012, 12:01:48 pm »
This is the thread for Christian H. Kim Middle School English 3 Lesson 6: Black Beauty. Please share your contributions here. Be sure to check all contributions for spelling and punctuation errors before posting.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:18:33 pm by sheila »
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!
www.freerice.com

• lukelui
  • Waygookin

• March 13, 2011, 09:08:20 pm
    • sk
Re: Lesson 6: Black Beauty
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 03:26:17 pm »
Hello all, It seems to have got awfully quiet out there.

Anyway here is my contribution for lesson 6 Black Beauty. Hope it helps.

This ppt Introduces the study goals for lesson 6'

1 - 'Is this your first time riding a horse?'  Asking about past experiences at the time of speaking.
2 - 'They may seem that way, but i think .. ' Disagreeing politely.

For study goal 1, I explain that 'Is this your first time ~' is used when we are doing the activity. I also introduce another way of taking about past experiences by they use of 'Have you ever. ~'
I then teach some past participles and then show examples. Here you should elicit from the students what is  happening in  the pictures. Next, I present ways of answering the the question in study goal 1 by using ordinal numbers. eg 'This is my 2nd time riding a horse.'

For study goal 2 I show ways of agreeing and politely disagreeing. I also briefly show ways
of strongly disagreeing but we should explain that this is usually only used with people we know well.

There is also a link on the last slides that show a large list of past participles if you finish early.

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 07:16:57 am »
Some material covering the use of "...i'snt it?"

• Andro
  • Adventurer

• November 29, 2010, 06:34:05 pm
    • Korea, duh
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 09:24:46 am »
Worksheet with a ppt to accompany it. Riffed this from someone else here, but the format works well. Dictation, focus question interview, fill in the blank role play, and writing are all included.

• Jennap
  • Explorer

• February 23, 2013, 05:31:15 pm
    • Chungnam, South Korea
    more
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 11:56:14 am »
Here is a revision game i have put together for this lesson.
It's a take on Battleship.

Students choose a set of 4 blocks, 3 blocks and 2 blocks. They select these in a different color to what they will use to cross out the blocks during the game.
Each student takes a turn to read out the phrase from 1 block in the first column and 1 block in the corresponding row.

The point of the game is for the students to have as many of their selected color blocks left. As the game is played, when a student has all their color blocks crossed out, they are 'dead'. Keep going till there is one student left, or all blocks are crossed out.

Hope you find this useful.