Read 3613 times

Grade 4 Lesson 1 - How Are You (Eiffel Tower)
« on: March 11, 2011, 12:44:16 pm »
Anyone got the book with the intro chapter "nice to meet you" (without the weather) with "Kobi, Jinsu, Sally". If so can you explain the first game, the guide is useless. Or do you have any ideas for an alternative game?

• kingzoot
  • Waygookin

• March 07, 2010, 10:00:19 pm
    • jinju
Re: Grade 4 Lesson 1 - How are you
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 11:49:35 am »
I've got the same book ImShanny and if you have the CD the game is pretty self-explanatory. If not then the basic idea is that the kids get into groups of 5 or 6. One student is selected as the guesser and the rest are to answer. Each group has a ball or similar object which is hidden behind the back of one of the students. The aim is for the selected student to guess who has the ball and ask them "How are you?". If that student has the ball they say "I'm fine", "Great!" or something similar and if they don't have the ball to say "Not so good", etc.

The game is pretty simple but it went down well when you try to get the students reading facial expressions and body language to guess who is hiding the ball.

Hope this helps :)

• manimal
  • Explorer

• October 03, 2010, 09:43:46 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Grade 4 Lesson 1 - How Are You (Eiffel Tower)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 09:59:07 am »
I should be getting the CD soon. Does anyone know if there's a source of images from the book on the CD? I want to make some visual aids. One of my old coteachers used to print pictures from the book, and they were great for practice.

• Kramerized
  • Adventurer

• March 20, 2012, 09:47:54 am
    • Cheonan, South Korea
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 10:25:46 am »
I used an old template and made a Doraemon Bomb game that reviews the whole chapter. My kids loved it!

• pumpiron90
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• October 17, 2008, 01:57:05 pm
    • gwaung-ju south korea
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 10:36:04 pm »
The story telling of the wizard of oz, made simple power point to help tell the story.

• Kramerized
  • Adventurer

• Cheonan, South Korea
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 07:53:08 am »
There just isn't enough reading and writing in this book. It is pathetic. So my coteacher and I decided to make worksheets and ppts introducing the new words. We will have the students write the words three times for homework and if they do their homework we will get to play the bingo game in the worksheet.
Since there is no link for the introduction lesson I will just add that worksheet and ppt here.
I finished the english part. I left spaces in the worksheet under each word to add Korean. And I have a place in the PPT for Korean. My coteacher will put in the words but I don't know when. I will put the unfinished product up, maybe your coteacher can fill in the korean. When I do get them back with Korean I will repost them.
I hope they help! If there are any mistakes let me know!

• Kramerized
  • Adventurer

• Cheonan, South Korea
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 12:44:31 pm »
Finished products