Read 3783 times

• sheila
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• November 23, 2009, 08:32:58 am
    • Gangnamgu, Seoul
Lesson 7: Good Here, Bad There
« on: February 08, 2013, 01:52:05 pm »
This is a thread for any lesson material for Christina H. Kim (2013 edition) Middle School English 1 Lesson 7: Good Here, Bad There. Please share your contributions here. Be sure to explain exactly what you are posting and please do not post multi-level materials in this thread. Also, any review lessons or materials should be posted in the review section for this grade. If you can't find what you're looking for here, be sure to check the previous edition of the book.  Best of luck in your lesson planning!
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!
www.freerice.com

• Rachyb86
  • Adventurer

• February 24, 2013, 12:44:30 pm
    • Busan
Re: Lesson 7: Good Here, Bad There
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 10:42:30 am »
Hi all, can't believe we are in semester 2 already! Time sure does fly.

Anyway, here is a very basic power point going over key phrases for this chapter. Hope it helps. I was also thinking of getting them to design their own menu and use it for a communication task after completing the workbook tasks.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 01:25:10 pm »
Here is a PPT (a mashup of other PPTs) and a worksheet I put together.

There are also instructions for a game at the end of the PPT, but you will need to make your own food flashcards (I got mine off eslprintables.com)

1.  The food picture reveal game is just to get them interested and engaged.
2. Then introduce the target language, including "a" and "some."  Give them some examples, then start helping them along and testing their knowledge. 
3.  Use the worksheet along with the PPT.
4.  Print out food flashcards -- one to each student.  They must use the target language and ask another classmate "would you like ____?"   The other student can say "yes" or "no" (doesn't matter), and then the students exchange cards.   Both students then go off to ask another student with their new item.   This gives them plenty of practice with the target language and with different food items for each time. 

This lesson worked really well with even my low levels.  They only get caught up on countable vs. uncountable (a vs. some). 

• singjapoe
  • Adventurer

• September 25, 2012, 09:13:14 am
    • Maseok, Namyangju
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 01:07:01 pm »
Here's my lesson.  If there is any time left over I'll probably show them a Mr Bean clip of him having a picnic. 
“Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.”

• u12monkeys
  • Adventurer

• May 30, 2011, 02:56:35 pm
    • Pyeongtaek, R.O.K
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 07:23:47 pm »
I divide the lesson into two parts. This ppt is for part 1 (the first week), or as I call it 1.7.1, focusing on the usage of a/an and some. I hope it's useful to you in some capacity. ;D
마크

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 01:45:09 pm »
I divide the lesson into two parts. This ppt is for part 1 (the first week), or as I call it 1.7.1, focusing on the usage of a/an and some. I hope it's useful to you in some capacity. ;D

Very very helpful! Thanks :D

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 01:14:43 pm »
Here's my take on the Listen & Speak section. I incorporated parts of the materials posted above and adapted them to fit my students' level/needs.

Fonts can be found in the following font packs (I got a little tired of Comic Sans :P )
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Hello-Fonts-Personal-Non-Commercial-Use-301730
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/ALL-Kimberly-Geswein-Fonts-in-One-Big-Download-Personal-Use-537780

• kbruck8
  • Adventurer

• March 02, 2016, 12:27:28 pm
    • Daegu, South Korea
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 01:57:54 pm »
Part 1 of lesson 7, focusing on "would you like" and a/an/some.

There's a worksheet for a/an/some.

Print enough of the food cards for each student (for the mingle dialogue activity).

Finish with scattergories game.

• kbruck8
  • Adventurer

• March 02, 2016, 12:27:28 pm
    • Daegu, South Korea
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 02:00:27 pm »
Part 2 of lesson 7, focusing on "Can you"/"It's surprising"/"I can't believe it."