• Seoul, Korea
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 03:05:07 pm by taeyang »

• mkarlin
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• November 26, 2010, 01:56:22 pm
    • Korea
Re: Grade 4 Lesson 1 - Good Morning, Min
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 01:21:11 pm »
Here's a powerpoint and a worksheet all about time.  Seems like I've got to fill 2 periods with this new book and the only thing in the chapter is "morning, afternoon, evening, and night."  Great.  So these 2 things are all about telling time.  AM, PM, military time, it's all here.  Enjoy.

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 03:28:03 pm »
This is for the people with the book that has cartoon bodies and real heads. The first lesson is called "Good Morning, Min." This is a bomb game adapted from another on this page, introducing the characters, followed by the game.

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 09:29:48 am »
So I'm teaching Good Morning, Min.  I came up with a game to replace some of the listen and repeat section on the CD.  The game is a running dialog game.

You take the key phases and number them 1-12.  tape them around the room.  The kids make groups of 4.  Now the object of the game is to run to the number memorize it and return back to the group and repeat the phrase.  One kid should be the scribe while the others run back and forth memorizing the phrases.  After they have collected all of the key phrases, they have to figure out the order.  the 1st group to finish and repeat the order correctly wins!  I have it set up so on the worksheet so there is a designated kids for morning, afternoon, evening and night.  so everyone in the group is required to speak.   afterwords i have the class repeat the dialog.

Grade 4 Lesson 1 Good Morning, Min
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 10:31:03 am »
I'm not sure I can post post this into the 'Good Morning, Min' thread, because it's not set up as a hyperlink, so I'll post it here. Hopefully someone can let me know how to create a correct thread under the 'Grade 4 Index'

Here is a PPT i created for Grade 4 Lesson 1 'Good Morning, Min'
If you like my material, you  can check out my games page at http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,43821.0.html

Gr 4 Good Morning Min - Pass the Ball!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 03:03:08 pm »
My kids loved this last year.. let's see what happens this year :)
I'm using it in period 4 as review.

• mkarlin
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• November 26, 2010, 01:56:22 pm
    • Korea
Re: Grade 4 index.
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 09:22:32 am »
Here is a simple writing activity for Chapter 1, Good Morning, Min.  It just asks students to write about their mornings, afternoons, and evenings on various days.

• melissah
  • Veteran

• September 03, 2010, 07:54:54 am
    • Daejeon, South Korea
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 12:27:39 pm »
I've done up a couple of Phonics/Pronunciation Slides for various lesson 1's (I work 2 schools, so ended up w/ two texts). Anyway, the slides/lessons are adaptable for all books as it's more about sounds than it is about content.

I've found that taking the first 5-10 minutes to teach these skills every class is MUCH more valuable than the regular: hello, how are you? how's the weather? routine. I keep the style more or less the same, so it's predictable for the students, but they totally get into and it's easy to keep the activity engaging. ALSO, it's soooo wonderful for a wide range of students as the lower ones have no problem repeating letters and sounds and more advanced students can/should understand the value in working on pronunciation etc.

For semi-detailed notes on how I conduct a phonics lesson check out my 'signature' and the link should take you to a previous thread...if it's not clear, send a PM my way and I'll be happy to clear up the concept.

• Hi_Im_Nick
  • Explorer

• September 06, 2010, 02:09:45 pm
    • Daegu, South Korea
Re: Grade 4 Lesson 1 Good Morning, Min
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 12:47:55 pm »
Here's the ppt's I did in conjunction with the book. I taught the kids a tongue twister to help with pronunciation and then we ended the class with biiiingoooo.

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 06:31:22 pm »
Thanks so much!
My 4th graders are little monsters... especially if I don't have something for them to do from the minute class starts till the minute it ends. So usually it's okay until I finish the curriculum lesson (with the cd and the book)... then the next 10 minutes are hell. hahah. Thanks again!

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 03:47:48 pm »
This helps to review morning, afternoon and evening. It helps to have the co translate the questions at the end, because I don't think a lot of the kids remembered the phrases like "wash my face" and "brush my teeth". I think some key information was lost over winter break.

• smileivy
  • Explorer

• March 26, 2011, 07:31:26 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 02:10:54 pm »
Here is a script PPT and Printable paper.
Title is "Alice in Wonderland" (Listen & Act)

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 02:36:30 pm »
Hello! I've added a ppt that goes over the key expressions plus some activities to practice the key expressions!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 11:35:26 am by complex303 »

• Hayles555
  • Adventurer

• November 15, 2010, 09:29:31 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 03:33:43 pm »
Key expression sheet with vocab, one of the dialogues and a few simple questions.
I realise this isn't going to help anyone this year, but might be useful for the next. I'll be making one for every unit! ㅠㅠ

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 09:26:50 am »
Thanks so much!
My 4th graders are little monsters... especially if I don't have something for them to do from the minute class starts till the minute it ends. So usually it's okay until I finish the curriculum lesson (with the cd and the book)... then the next 10 minutes are hell. hahah. Thanks again!

Heonyounghlee, I found that the kids have stayed quiet when I made videos of myself using materials relating to the book...hopefully it will continue to work.

• violetyoon
  • Newgookin

• April 27, 2011, 09:23:56 am
    • Seoul, Korea
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 11:52:55 am »
This is the second year I'm in charge of 4th graders with Chunjae- Ham's book.
For the 1st lesson "Good morning", you can show the video clip below if you want.
---------------------------------------------
http://youtu.be/4yUV4DJGvRc
---------------------------------------------
Of course, lesson 1 is including afternoon and evening greeting but my students liked the cute voice in the video clip...

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 12:02:42 pm »
A great game for this topic is the VIRUS GAME.

As posted elsewhere its a fun, class-wide, Minesweeper style game that can be adapted for most Q+A subjects.
One student is 'IT' and must go from student to student asking things like "Good Morning, How Are You?"
But before this, and without the previous student looking, I choose 4-5 "Sick" students.
The aim is to reach 5 students without hearing "I'm sick", if they do they are out.

Badly explained, I know but it is always a blast and there is plenty of room to wind up the kids and have a good laugh whilst mastering the key vocab.

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 02:06:05 pm »
A great game for this topic is the VIRUS GAME.

As posted elsewhere its a fun, class-wide, Minesweeper style game that can be adapted for most Q+A subjects.
One student is 'IT' and must go from student to student asking things like "Good Morning, How Are You?"
But before this, and without the previous student looking, I choose 4-5 "Sick" students.
The aim is to reach 5 students without hearing "I'm sick", if they do they are out.

Badly explained, I know but it is always a blast and there is plenty of room to wind up the kids and have a good laugh whilst mastering the key vocab.

I like the idea of this but I have some pressing questions:
Does the game continue after one round? or just end?
does the interaction count for both students, or only the person that initiated?
This is my first time trying it and I dont want it to tank and need answers ready for when they ask.

I will try using playing cards. easy to divvy, choose one card to be "IT", so 4 people will start. Aces, or 10s. whatever.

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 01:22:47 pm »
Material for lesson 1
If you like my material, you  can check out my games page at http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,43821.0.html

• danicke
  • Waygookin

• September 16, 2010, 11:17:23 am
    • Hanam Si
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 02:37:27 pm »
Hey

Here is a power point introducing the characters (not as blurry as a previous post)
Also a bomb game revising the characters, as well as good  morning/afternoon etc. Enjoy!!