Read 4981 times

• AliG
  • Waygookin

• October 06, 2009, 09:51:29 am
    • South Korea
Guide to Canada or America
« on: October 13, 2009, 03:09:00 pm »
Okay so i did a fabulous activity last week so i shall share. 

I created a powerpoint of do's and don'ts for living in Canada (though many apply to america as well)
- i spiced it up with videos.  Specifically i found  a funny riding the subway video and funny bro handshake video
- i often had the kids tell me first what doing something in their country meant before I gave the canadian explanation.  EXAMPLE: what does two guys holding hands in korea mean (friendship) well in Canada it means dating (many of them yelled out gay) go there if you want lol
- i then talked a little about  why we should or should not do something and gave a little info about each slide
- the kids really enjoyed learning that high school students at public school can dress however , color their hair and have piercings and tattoos

at the end i asked them to help me create a guide to Korea, that went okay they weren't overly thrilled with participating but i got some good ones like teenagers don't drive
- korean's sometimes eat dog
- boys must go into the army

• nzaslow
  • Veteran

• November 17, 2009, 08:46:51 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Guide to Canada or America
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 04:37:35 pm »
Did you have them work in groups or by themselves to make the guide?

• AliG
  • Waygookin

• South Korea
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 12:34:36 pm »
The bigger classes in groups... if i ran out of time i just had them shout out do's and don'ts

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 05:04:42 pm »
Do you still have the links for the funny videos?

I'd like to use this lesson, and searching for good videos takes a lot of my lesson prep time!

• AliG
  • Waygookin

• South Korea
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 07:47:22 am »
oops sorry I just saw this.. yes  here is the bro handshake... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tggsVwDlqec

I also used this pantless subway one... i am from toronto so i talked about about the subway and how noone pushed etc... maybe run it by your co teacher first... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCvWrype484

hope this helps! sorry for the late reply