Read 9285 times

Looks like:  Cartoon kids with the E and L of ENGLISH colored purple (Buzz and Bibi)
Who has it:  Colocelt, jdb1983, Paul, Anita_in_Korea, obnavox3, Ioza, emms,
Authors:
Publisher: Taehan Kyogwaseo (대한 교과서)

I thieved a ppt template from a grade three lesson, found here: http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,8981.0.html
It's basically the same lesson. Anyway... students have to guess the picture. Most the pictures are of clothing items or school supplies, since that seems to be the focus of the lesson. It's a bit shorter than I'd like. If I add more, I'll repost... or hey! You can add more and repost too!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:45:16 pm by taeyang »

• izus
  • Adventurer

• September 07, 2010, 08:10:07 am
    • Daegu, KR
Re: Grade 4 Lesson 5 What Are These?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:45:36 am »
Here's a ppt that's probably similar to the one above this post.  It's a picture guessing game.  The ppt focuses on colors and clothing items, so it's good for this chapter.  Here's how I play this game with my classes.

Divide the class into teams.
The Korean teacher will give the team a Korean word or phrase from a previous chapter and ask the team to translate it.
The team consults and answers together.
If it's right, they get one point and choose a color.
Click that color on the ppt to reveal part of the picture behind it.
All of the hidden pictures are of clothing items.
If they can guess what it is, they get another point.
You decide whether or not to reward them if they know the word in English.
After a team guesses correctly, we reveal the picture and drill the word.

• AC_in_Korea
  • Super Waygook

• July 30, 2010, 11:25:33 am
    • Miryang, South Korea
Grade 4 Lesson 5 "What are these?"
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 09:50:40 am »
I am using the blue book with Bomi and Bibi, Lesson 5 is "What are These?"

I am so sorry, I don't know how to link this to the relevant place.

I very quickly modified a bomb game template I got from WAYGOOK (thank you so much!) to suit the Grade 4 Lesson 5 What are these?

I only changed the first 20 slides so if playing this bomb game - do not go to Round 2.  :D

Whe I have more time, I will complete Round 2, and modify my post (If I can figure out how ;D)
Be the change you want to see in the world.

• Paul
  • Featured Contributor

• September 21, 2010, 10:28:58 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Grade 4 Lesson 5 "What are these?"
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 04:09:40 pm »
Mario Game for Unit 5, "What Are These?"

Uses Jennifer's template, but a bit older version I had (busted transparencies and Mediafire is blocked, yay!) Mario characters are incorporated into the questions. Some questions require basic writing (one word) as well as speaking.

Focus is somewhat on the grammatical side of the chapter: these/those/this/that, It is/They are and plurals.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:11:55 pm by Paul »
More primary school colours and shapes activity ideas and resources than you'd ever need - here
Holy free educational fonts Batman!

• Carol
  • Adventurer

• May 12, 2010, 12:28:39 pm
    • south korea
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 12:47:32 pm »
Here's Gogo's 12 ( these, those, that ) for roleplay.

• beano1982
  • Veteran

• September 08, 2011, 02:15:02 pm
    • korea
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 02:13:47 pm »
Here is my intro lesson for this unit plus a mario game. Used some of Hero of Waygookistan paul mario game, but the rest is mine. I hope it helps.

• izus
  • Adventurer

• September 07, 2010, 08:10:07 am
    • Daegu, KR
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 03:25:48 pm »
Here are some flashcards.  I will use them for 2 games:  slap card, and a "go fish" style game.

For the go fish style game, group the students and give them each a set of flashcards.  After rock, scissors, paper, the winning student will ask the student to the right, "Do you have (clothing item wanted)."  Each student is trying to get a pair of the same card.  Once they have a pair, they can lay it down.  So each student asks the person to their right "Do you have____," and the game moves in a circle.  If the next student does have that card, they have to give it to the student who asked.  At the end, the student with the most pairs is the winner.

• girlo
  • Adventurer

• March 05, 2012, 11:20:24 am
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 12:34:40 pm »
Here is a maple story bomb game to practive this, that, these and those.  There are no answers in the powerpoint.  Also there are parts where the students RPS the teacher to get points.  If the student wins, press the blond boy, and if you (the teacher) win, press the monster.

• beano1982
  • Veteran

• September 08, 2011, 02:15:02 pm
    • korea
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 03:00:24 pm »
here is my lesson for page 46 plus the script and kungfu panda board game.

• Chrisk
  • Explorer

• September 15, 2011, 07:43:01 am
    • seoul
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 03:23:06 pm »
Hi this is an 'escape from the woods' game - its a little scary but my kids love it! I have made it for this lesson but it also reviews the previous 4 lessons as well.

• RWillis
  • Waygookin

• February 11, 2012, 06:33:49 am
    • Daejeon
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 07:41:53 am »
This lesson necessitates learning the singular and plural to some extent.  My co-teacher would not let me get more specific than "add s" because we are not meant to teach the rules of language in elementary school, only individual words and sentences.

That being said, here is a very simple PPT that generally overviews the singular and plural, and ties in These / Those from the lesson.  The nouns from the lesson that fall outside of the general "add s" rule are dealt with under "some words are hard."  (dress--> dresses, scarf--> scarves)

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• March 04, 2012, 08:49:30 pm
    • Geoje
    more
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 02:23:41 pm »
Word Fight

1) Place a line of 15 words along the board. (In attached PPT)
2) Get students to read out the words on the board.
3)  Demonstrate the game by using two teams (team teacher and team students (2 students picked at random)).
4) While one teacher starts reading the words at one end of the board get you get the 1st students reading the words at the other end of the board (helping them with the reading). When the teacher - student meets they play rock paper scissors to decide who is out.
5) If teacher is out you and your co teacher swap over and you start reading words from the start. It helps if you get them to read the words super fast.
6) If student is out bring in the new student and get them to start reading from the beginning of the line of words.
7) The game continues until the one side reaches the end and at that time they get 1 point.

Now that you have demonstrated the game, divide the class into two teams Boys and girls. then divide these groups into two one for you and one for the co-teacher. Boys with you and boys with co teacher, and girls with you and girls with co teacher.
It is vital that for a class of 30 students that you have two games going on at once otherwise you will have many students standing around.

It is advisable to let students know that when they are out, they go to the back of the line, and not to mumble their answers (be aware that it will be hard to hear the students say the words during the game.

At the end of the game add up the points gained by the boys and the girls teams.

Warning Your classroom will get very noisy.

My students loved the game - one told me she was going crazy.  :) I love it when I have a great game.

One PPT slide is two sentences - boys are winning and girls are winning and is placed in the middle of the black board. Remind the students only to say the right sentence (some say both).

(also works using sentences for your 6th Grade classes)
PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• Geoje
    more
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 07:49:45 am »
This is a milling activity which will take half a class to practice the use of the dialogue and various items.
A: Do you have ____________
B: Yes I do/No I don't

Preparation
Print out ppt slides 3-9 in sufficient quantities for the whole class. Print out slides 10-11 in sufficient quantities for the whole class.
Get name tag holders which can be placed around the neck. On one side place Part A ( the Question), on the other side place part B (the answer).
Make two large cards for yourself and co teacher for the demonstration.

Pre Game
Using the PPT revise all the slides so students remember what each item is.
Demonstrate the game with your co teacher and some student volunteers.

Game (See slides 12-13 of ppt)
Student meets another student they ask that student, The question on their name tag holder i.e. Do you have 10,000 won? (Part A)
The student flips their card over and replies (Yes I do/No I don't). The students then reverse role.
After both students have practiced the dialogue they play rock paper scissors. The loser grabs onto the winners waist and they start to form a snake. The winning student then approaches another student and they repeat the routine, however if the snake wins the losing student joins the snake, if the snake loses then it breaks up.
This continues until the teacher decides to end the game.

Note
I have yet to use this game with my class, and feel free to modify the game to any other variant you wish.
PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 02:00:45 pm »
I modified the Maple Story game to include questions and answers. The font color isn't the best but I think it gets the job done. Enjoy.

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• Geoje
    more
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 08:31:20 am »
here is my lesson for page 46 plus the script and kungfu panda board game.

Nice board game worked well with my class.

PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature

• Starbuk
  • Waygookin

• November 09, 2010, 10:42:50 am
    • South Korea
    more
Re: (대한 교과서 Taehan) Grade 4, Lesson 5 - "What Are These?"
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 02:35:29 pm »
Hey all,

Thanks for all the hard work and for sharing it.  Here's a powerpoint that I've edited for myself.  It's a combination of two other powerpoints already shared on this thread, I just added some animations, changed some things and merged an activity (guess the picture) from another post.

The PPT is pretty self explanatory... let me know if you have any questions.

My co-teacher teaches the textbook for 20mins and then I do an activity based on, or an activity from the textbook for the remaining 20mins of the lesson.
This won't full a lesson, but it will certainly supplement a lesson for +- 30mins.

Hope it helps ~
"Being in a state of unrest, confusion, tension or discomfort either mentally or physical can often denote the process of change, which is taking place.  Real lasting change is not a passive process."

Re: (대한 교과서 Taehan) Grade 4, Lesson 5 - "What Are These?"
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 08:12:28 am »
here my worksheet I made it hope its help too. thank  you....